Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: virtual tour

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Visual Lightbox works just fine with NoF without requiring a different doctype or requiring XHTML publishing. And it's the easiest of all the JQuery slideshow/gallery programs I've found. www.visuallightbox.com. You can check out my galleries which I created in about a half-hour (after resizing and optimizing the images in Photoshop).
    Franko,

I took a (another) look at your site. There is a slightly odd and annoying thing going on that you may want to address -- if it's possible. With the gallery displayed full-screen, when you click on a thumbnail, the full picture opens up half way off screen.

Technically this is only a problem when you are at the top of the page, but it still seems odd to watch the picture open up, then float down off the bottom of the page.

My comment is not meant as a criticism of your site or your photos; only intended to provide some feedback to improve it.

-RayC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Food2..jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	228  

Strange! Thanks for that Ray. After having a look I think it's probably because the large picture's position defaults to the centre of the gallery. If you've only got a few pix, this wouldn't be a problem but with large galleries it is, as you've pointed out.

I'll have to have a look and see if there's some way of changing the position of the large pix, otherwise I'll have to break up the galleries into smaller ones which would also be a PITA. Pity, it's such a good program otherwise.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Mark I searched for a long time to find a picture gallery which would allow me to have a plain album and a detailed album ( http://www.tulakhounds.co.uk/html/_albums.html ) various templates allow quite a lot of freedom, however (this is a site I designed for my wifes hobby) there are descriptions on some albums etc........ anyway its real easy to use and I use the MLR tabs and I frame.

Mike

Have you guys ever looked at jAlbum? www.jalbum.net It has all sorts of gallery types and plugins and numerous effects, all for free. Some of the plugins may require a commercial licence if used, but this information marked in each gallery type if relevant. You grab all your photos, and do all the work in the jAlbum software first and then upload via the built in FTP. It's easy to integrate into any site or via iFrame.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Strange! Thanks for that Ray. After having a look I think it's probably because the large picture's position defaults to the centre of the gallery. If you've only got a few pix, this wouldn't be a problem but with large galleries it is, as you've pointed out.

I'll have to have a look and see if there's some way of changing the position of the large pix, otherwise I'll have to break up the galleries into smaller ones which would also be a PITA. Pity, it's such a good program otherwise.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Continuing our little side conversation... I took a look at the VLB site, and they had some instructions for manually splitting the thumbnail page over two pages. That way (I think) you should still be able to have the slideshow cycle through all the photos.

It does seem related to the size of the thumbnail page.

Let me know how you get on. I'm probably hours away from purchasing the "Business Edition" for use on a site.

-RayC

Edit: I just uploaded a whole bunch more pictures to my VLB test page. Looking at the page using the VLB generated index.html, or on a page where the gallery is pulled in via an Inline Frame, the expanded image always moves to the center of the available window. It does not scroll off the screen.

I haven't tried the embedding technique described on the VLB site.
    Last edited by RayC; 06-22-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: New Information

The expanded image centres on the Iframe if you're using one (as I am) rather than on the containing window (which makes sense). I've tried embedding the gallery directly on the page, trouble is I have four galleries which means I would have four directories named 'data' and four named 'engine' at the root, which would cause all sorts of problems. If I can't use an Iframe (and it appears I can't) then I'd have to manually edit the paths for each of my galleries in the VLB index.html page. This is precisely what I was trying to get away from. I want a JQuery gallery that's as easy to drag and drop and create the gallery as most of the flash generators are. And I just can't seem to find one.

I have tried JAlbum but most of their templates are flash based. I haven't seen a JQuery one. I'm a commercial photographer; I create thousands of images and need to be able to update my galleries easisly. Can't seem to find anything to make it happen, though, that works with NoF easily.

Mark I searched for a long time to find a picture gallery which would allow me to have a plain album and a detailed album ( http://www.tulakhounds.co.uk/html/_albums.html ) various templates allow quite a lot of freedom,
    Ok, so what is it?

Belay that question....I see that it's Shozam (which is both flash and expensive).

Hmmm...I'm wondering if I publish by site structure rather than by asset type and then upload the gallery files into the gallery directory whether that would make everything work ok. It's a PITA not being able to use an Iframe though - I never had that problem with flash galleries.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi,

here is an example of some "Visual Lightbox" versions including "how to do it with NOF" on my German help site.

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...rsion-3_0.html
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook