Thread: Using a custom button for submit (or reset)

Default Using a custom button for submit (or reset)

I know I used to know how to do this, but for the life of me I can't remember and I can't find it in the manual. How do I add a Submit event to a custom button (custom graphic, that is) using the standard form tools (not the component which I've never actually even opened). It should be easy but I've got a complete mental blank over it.

You can choose "Image" next to Type under form Properties, or you can CSS it by setting a custom style. In Form Properties click where it says Style and choose Manage Styles and create a new one with a background of the image you want for the button and then choose SUBMIT or RESET as your Type and then select your new Style you've created.

Thanks Andrew. The second method you mention works just fine but I seem to remember that you used to be able to select and image in the form properties as you say, but then how do you attach the SUBMIT button properties in whatever language is being used (PHP or Perl)?

If you use the CSS method, you are attaching it to the SUBMIT button in the normal way, you are simply changing it's display, therefore you attach the properties of the submit to your PHP script in the usual way under the Forms General Properties icon in Forms Button Properties.

Ok gottit. Thanks

Can I please reopen this thread, I have a client that is demanding that their forms submit and reset buttons be custom, futhermore they need to have two states, mose over and normal.

I have tried what you have written here but it does not work in Fusion 12. I can get th image to load usin CSS but the size is wrong and it will not adjust regardless of what seeting I use.

The next hurdle would be to add the mouse over effect.

Your help is greatly apprieciated.

Shamim

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

See my post in the NOF 12 section - might help.