Thread: Lytebox or Lyteshow GROUP from a single link?

Default Lytebox or Lyteshow GROUP from a single link?

Just doing a test run of Lytebox, and am wondering if anyone knows if this is possible.

Background: To have images open as a GROUP to either manually click through them, or have a slideshow run, a link to each individual image is assigned the same GROUP name.

From the Lytebox overview, where vacation is the group name:

<a href="images/image-1.jpg" rel="lytebox[vacation]" title="Mom and Dad">Mom and Dad</a>
    <a href="images/image-2.jpg" rel="lytebox[vacation]" title="My Sister">My Sister</a>

This implies that a link for each image to be grouped must be defined to define which images belong to the GROUP "vacation".

But what if I want a single link to open up a slideshow of many images? How can I establish the GROUP relationship between several images without having a link to each one on the page?

Thanks.
    -RayC

OK,

I did a bit of experimenting with putting the extra links in a <DIV> with a style of {visibility:hidden} or {display:none}. That worked, but made the lytebox display a little wonky. It would vibrate between images.

I finally hit upon the simplest solution of all:

Manually create the code for the links inside a text using CTRL-T or the HTML... button. Create the links as if they were text links and DON'T PUT ANY TEXT IN!

So if you create an empty text box, hit CTRL-T (or click the HTML... button in the properties box). Then you'd enter something like this to create the link:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="images/image-1.jpg" rel="lytebox[vacation]" title="Mom and Dad">This text displayed as a link</a>
    But, leave out the text that would show on the page as a link. So use:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="images/image-1.jpg" rel="lytebox[vacation]" title="Mom and Dad"></a>
    As I test this, it seems either way there is occasionally a strange (not good) vibration.

Hope this is useful to someone.

-RayC