Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make NetObjects Fusion Mac Compatible

I would settle for bug fixes in updates for windows.. v10 and v11 ;-)
    I'd settle for bug fixes in windows (any version). But then, that's science fiction too.

I wish they'd get moving on a Mac version as well.

I had a support ticket in 344 days ago (checked just now to be sure) and there I asked about a Mac version. They said they have a Mac version in development but no plans on any date it will be ready. After reading this thread, seems like this software has lost the interest of it's developers! I hope that's not the case.

I'm still using version 10 because I don't want to spend the money on v11 and find out a mac version is about to be released.
    I even asked to be a beta tester but my comment was ignored.

I'm using my v10 in a virtual machine because I don't want to use the Boot Camp. I am finding the program is "choppy" in the VM and I can't use the Boot Camp as it would be really unproductive for me to even bother with it because I am only using the VM for this program. Making this for Mac would free me from all windows!

I have asked this question before multiple times. In my case I have purchased several versions of NetObjects Fusion but I switched from Windows to Mac OS in 2005. Since then, I have not used Fusion or Windows, and will not use them. I would like to see NOF for Mac. I have purchased Rapidweaver, Freeway Pro 5.5 and iWeb, but would still prefer NOF. Freeway is very similar to NOF but not as user friendly due to how layout works. I will not install bootcamp in my Mac just to use NOF. let me know if NOF for Mac OS is in the making or if I can be a beta tester. I did over 20 websites with NOF.

You can run VMware or Parallels desktop 6 if you need to run windows programs on a Mac.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by iPodsets View Post
    I have been using net objects fusion since the 9th release and i have just switched to an apple computer, and I would like to be able to use netobjects fusion on my mac. please let me know if there are any plans on a Apple OS X release?
    GEE all of MY Mac Drone friends tell me I'm an idiot for using a PC. When I tell them that I have an extensive PC software library, and I don't want a computer you have to throw away every three years and buy a new one.... they say "OH don't you know? You can run ANY Windows software on a Mac"
    Last edited by intelics; 04-07-2011 at 04:10 PM.

So, all these months later and a new release and still not Mac version of this software? Not even a comment from the developers at NOF.
    With Mac gaining in popularity in leaps and bounds, you're missing out on a huge sales market. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by drftorres View Post
    I have asked this question before multiple times. In my case I have purchased several versions of NetObjects Fusion but I switched from Windows to Mac OS in 2005. Since then, I have not used Fusion or Windows, and will not use them. I would like to see NOF for Mac. I have purchased Rapidweaver, Freeway Pro 5.5 and iWeb, but would still prefer NOF. Freeway is very similar to NOF but not as user friendly due to how layout works. I will not install bootcamp in my Mac just to use NOF. let me know if NOF for Mac OS is in the making or if I can be a beta tester. I did over 20 websites with NOF.
    I bought Rapidweaver since my last post back in October. It's OK but a real pain in the ass to work with the templates and themes. NOF lets me do all the designing with ease. I like that.
    You ain't kidding when you say Freeway is not very user friendly! I tried the trial version for awhile and simply hated it.

Like you, I will not do the Boot Camp thing. It's a pain in the ass to reboot to a whole new OS for one program.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    You can run VMware or Parallels desktop 6 if you need to run windows programs on a Mac.
    Got VMware and only need it for NOF. Better than Boot Camp because I can work both OS's on the fly but really - it certainly is not as nice as working on my Mac and a pain in the ass for just one program. NOF is the ONLY Windows program left that I really don't want to give up. They really need to get a Mac version out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchin Kitten View Post
    Got VMware and only need it for NOF. Better than Boot Camp because I can work both OS's on the fly but really - it certainly is not as nice as working on my Mac and a pain in the ass for just one program. NOF is the ONLY Windows program left that I really don't want to give up. They really need to get a Mac version out.
    I am in much the same position. Managed to wean myself off most Windows apps (not all) but NOF is still my main reason for having VMware Fusion on my Mac..

I doubt if we will ever see a Mac version since we still have no update to fix the problems that were injected into version 12.
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

I'm the same. Zero MS software except for the OS and the only thing that kept me PC oriented was NOF. But I now also use another product and they just launched a Mac version too.....so I'm going to get a Mac soon and dump the current beast.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

iWeb

No one will know you're not a professional. ™
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I see this thread is still active and begging for a Mac version. My first post in here was two years ago and I see nothing is being done for us Mac users.

It's a shame too - so many people would buy this for Mac.

I was told several times way back in 2008 that a Mac version was only a year away. Good thing I don't hold my breath for it, I'd be long dead!

Please, please make a Mac version. Running it on VM Ware stinks. Slows the computer down and just doesn't flow like it should.
    I can't understand a company who has two threads of customers begging for a specific version and ignoring those requests.