Thread: Issues converting to Windows 7

Default Issues converting to Windows 7

I have just had to upgrade my Laptop to Windows 7 (after unfixable issues with Vista ) and now I have the 'joy' of trying to restore everything back to working order. NOF V11 is having some issues with the process, some of which is probably my fault, as I use it so infrequently that I probably have done some things wrong or do not understand how things 'link up'.

As a result of searching the forum I have done the following: Installed and set the program to run as an Administrator, installed Java 1.6 (I think - latest anyway) and told NOF to use that and copied my Coolmaps folder to the same location as previously.

Hours later, most things are working again, but I am still left with the following issues (Local Publish):

Ticker Tape is blank
    Spam Free just shows the those words (Presumably has to be re-mstalled?)
    Photo Gallery has lost all its images when you go to Configure (Surely they are automatically saved in Assets?)
    Cool Tips Images do not work (I have replaced the Sript version which appers OK, Mouse Trap is OK) - surely I do not have to re-do all the images themselves? I didn't have to last time when I moved to a new PC.
    The Image Library has lots of blank sections in it.
    A couple of custom Menu images are also missing.

I was under the impression that all images are automatically saved into the Assest 'folder' but presumably I am wrong in that assumption and NOF has lost contact with them somehow. Is there any simple way to re-asssociate them again or do I have to just find them all again (22 according to the warning message)?

If all images are supposed to be in the Assets folder, what do I need to do to make sure they are in future?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Allan

I just answered the same question about assets a few minutes ago from someone else. Rather than copy/paste into your question I will give you the link to it

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...4617#post44617

+++++++++++++ Componts +++++++++++++

When you start seeing a placeholder instead of the component you need to delete the component, put it on the page again and reconfigure it.

If you opened your site project before you copied all of the components over into the component folder all of them would be disabled as they no longer existed. there is no way to get them back other than opening an older template AFTER they are copied to the component folder.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 06-30-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add component answer
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks Mike.

The link did not work (went to a blank screen) but I found the other post anyway and that answered my Assests question.

The components explanation makes sense too. I did open the program before I copied the components folder - didn't even give it a thought until I saw all the placeholders. You live an learn as they say!

Thanks again,

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by alches View Post
    Thanks Mike.

The link did not work (went to a blank screen) but I found the other post anyway and that answered my Assests question.

The components explanation makes sense too. I did open the program before I copied the components folder - didn't even give it a thought until I saw all the placeholders. You live an learn as they say!

Thanks again,

Allan
    This tutorial goes over all of the "gotchas" that can come up when moving site projects http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=2

As you can see it is the 2nd tutorial I originally wrote sometime back around 1998 or so. It is still just as helpful now as it was over a decade ago.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 06-30-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spel-in
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz