Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOF Essentials not installing under Vista

Default NOF Essentials not installing under Vista

Guys,
    OK, I know there's a few compatability probs under Vista, but I'm trying to install Fusion Essentials 11 under Vista (I've somehow managed it under Windows 7!), and running into straight installation silences.
    I have the "Run as Administrator" checked but no other "Run compatability" options.
    Running the install file extracts the CAB file, and then it sits there - I never get a further response, even when leaving it for hours! (OK, only once did I get the next setup box, but again nothing further happened).
    I've tried installing on my own Vista and oin a friends (who is the one who actually needs it!) to no avail.
    Any help to get a bit further forward much appreciated! I have used it in the past and so actually using it should be a doddle after actually getting it installed!
    TIA, Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alanplayford View Post
    Guys,
    OK, I know there's a few compatability probs under Vista, but I'm trying to install Fusion Essentials 11 under Vista (I've somehow managed it under Windows 7!), and running into straight installation silences.
    I have the "Run as Administrator" checked but no other "Run compatability" options.
    Running the install file extracts the CAB file, and then it sits there - I never get a further response, even when leaving it for hours! (OK, only once did I get the next setup box, but again nothing further happened).
    I've tried installing on my own Vista and oin a friends (who is the one who actually needs it!) to no avail.
    Any help to get a bit further forward much appreciated! I have used it in the past and so actually using it should be a doddle after actually getting it installed!
    TIA, Alan
    See if this tutorial will help http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4036

Have you tried downloading another copy of the product?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default NOF E as ssentials v11 install

Mike,
    Yes, followed the Admin rights tutorial, all correct as designated.
    Just downloaded another copy from the NetObject fusion site, compared and the same, but ran it anyway - still just seems to sit there!
    I never see anything past the CAB WINZIP screen after pressing "Setup".
    CPU usgae is minimal, and Windows task manager just shows the installer status as "running" but with the "setup" process at 0%.
    Any ideas how to track it down further?

Al

BTW, just realised this should have been posted under the Essentials thread <D'OH> Never paged down far enough to see that!
    Moderaors, please feel free to move to that thread if you see fit?

Further info -
    I also disabled UAC control as per another post, but still no joy.
    Maybe I need to clean something up BEFORE trying the install again?

Which version is it now? Fusion Essentials or Fusion11?

NOF Essentials is exactly the same Version as NOF 7,5 and not really compatible with Vista.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

NOF Essentials v11.
    Funny how it has installed on Win 7 without problem, but Vista has problems?!

Mia,
    Sorry, should have re-read the question more!
    It's NOF Essentials!
    The confusion arose because the same one (which installed OK on Win 7) says "NetFusion v11" when starting that, on the opening page - turns out it's an invitation to buy NOF v11!
    Sorry!

Hmmm, OK 0 think I may have fixed it! (?)
    The trick appears to be to restart Vista in Safe Mode (F8 during boot-up) and select "Start Windows with networking".
    The install procedure then appears to work, getting through to the part which requests your email address for the registration key. Once that's done, enter the key and finish the install as usual.
    Then I restarted the Vista system as normal, and voila! - good old NOF Essentials works as expected.

Hope this helps anybody else with a similar problem in Vista.

Regards and thanks to all who responded,
    Alan

(Sorry if this is duplicated haven't seen my earlier posts to the forum! )
    OK guys, solved it (finally!)
    In Vista, I had to restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking (F8 at windows bootup), and THEN install it. Having got the registration key, registered it, it started OK.
    Then all I had to do was restart Vista normally.

Thanks to all who responded,
    Alan