Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading Website Using Fusion 7

We don't use Essentials, but I don't think it does. Protection of elements only came in on V10 and onwards.

gotFusion,
    What I was meaning, when the site is published on the web and when it requires some restrictive basic information updating, that some graphics, size and positioning, buttons, headers, text boxes formatting, etc, can not be changed.
    I hope this makes sense.
    kevsim

My answer to you is applicable then.

Quote Originally Posted by kevsim View Post
    gotFusion,
    What I was meaning, when the site is published on the web and when it requires some restrictive basic information updating, that some graphics, size and positioning, buttons, headers, text boxes formatting, etc, can not be changed.
    I hope this makes sense.
    kevsim

Can you post URL examples (or screenshots) of what you mean by changing and not changing? I don't think I am getting my head around what you are after.

Do you mean when the browser window is resized that the elements "shift around".

If you mean that elements shift around after you have edited content and uploaded, you can place your content within a container such as a textbox or table which will restrict it from shifting.

Need more info from you to go in the direction that will help you.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

gotFusion,
    Sorry for the delay in replying.
    What I meant is, when the web page is published on the web and when the page is updated, can some items be protected from edits.
    For example, navigation buttons being added, graphic objects from being moved, text in selected text boxes where formatting can not be changed.
    kevsim

Quote Originally Posted by kevsim View Post
    gotFusion,
    Sorry for the delay in replying.
    What I meant is, when the web page is published on the web and when the page is updated, can some items be protected from edits.
    For example, navigation buttons being added, graphic objects from being moved, text in selected text boxes where formatting can not be changed.
    kevsim
    The best way to keep the navbars from changing when you add pages is to use the custom option. http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=369 That way when you add a page you can decide where you wish it to show (or not show and only have an internal text link to it).

As far as keeping the layout together when editing, use tables or text boxes to constrain your content.

If you find that you have goofed and put in too large an image and the layout blows out, use the undo feature (Edit menu, select Un-do or press ctrl+z) You can walk back through what you have done all the way to the point where you started AS LONG as you have not selected another view (site view, style view, publish view, asset view). Once you leave page view and go to another view and return, the history is reset and you cannot undo. SO... undo right away if you make a mistake.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I think what he means is can he allow the site owner to make updates without stuffing up the site look and feel. The best way to do this is to use something like SnippetMaster, CushyCMS or SurrealCMS, all of which have been discussed at length on this forum.

Thank you all for the input.
    franko was correct, that was what I was after.
    kevsim