Thread: problems getting image to open new window

Default problems getting image to open new window

I have an image that I want to open a html file in a new window. When I code a stand-alone html file to do this it works fine (I'm using javascript commands to do it):

<html>

<script type="text/javascript">
    function NewWindow()
    {
    window.open ("getnews.html",
    "mywindow","menubar=0,resizable=0,width=450,he ight

=250");
    }
    </script>
    <body>
    <form>
    <input type="image" src="bv01012.jpg"

onclick="NewWindow()"
    onMouseOver="src='bv01012_hover.jpg'"

onMouseOut="src='bv01012.jpg'"/>
    </form>
    </body>

</html>

However, when I try to create the same thing in NOF, nothing happens. Tried setting it up as javascript but the program just creates a javascrip (void). Also tried just creating an input tag and linking through NOF to the html file that way and that doesn't work either. Been struggling with this for a couple of months now, am about ready to throw in the towel. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by raleighl View Post
    I have an image that I want to open a html file in a new window. When I code a stand-alone html file to do this it works fine (I'm using javascript commands to do it):

<html>

<script type="text/javascript">
    function NewWindow()
    {
    window.open ("getnews.html",
    "mywindow","menubar=0,resizable=0,width=450,he ight

=250");
    }
    </script>
    <body>
    <form>
    <input type="image" src="bv01012.jpg"

onclick="NewWindow()"
    onMouseOver="src='bv01012_hover.jpg'"

onMouseOut="src='bv01012.jpg'"/>
    </form>
    </body>

</html>

However, when I try to create the same thing in NOF, nothing happens. Tried setting it up as javascript but the program just creates a javascrip (void). Also tried just creating an input tag and linking through NOF to the html file that way and that doesn't work either. Been struggling with this for a couple of months now, am about ready to throw in the towel. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
    You need to place the script function in the head. Press F9 then press the html button. Insert the function in the "Between Head Tags" tab

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htmlInsert..gif 
Views:	476 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	258

Then where you wish the image input form element press ctrl + T to bring up the html dialog box and insert the form input tag with the onMouseOver script.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz