Thread: Can't find Custom Components toolbar

Default Can't find Custom Components toolbar

Hello all,

Been a NetObjects user for the past 10 odd years, and I have just downloaded Essentials to get a taste of the newer version to my old version 7. It's quite similar, but some nice new features.

I'm trying to put a search function into my website, and when I search help, it gives me the following only I cannot find the Custom Components Toolbar. I can find all the other toolbars. Does it actually come with Essentials as I downloaded the pdf guide from the website and I couldn't find a mention of it, but the below is in the HELP search? Very confused. Thank you.

1 From the Custom Components toolbar, select NOF FAQ>FAQ Details Component.

2 Draw a box on the Layout to indicate where you want to position the FAQ Details component.

The NOF FAQ dialog appears.

3 If you have not created a Component Suite, create a new one by typing a name for the suite in the New name field. To include the component as part of an existing suite, click the Existing radio button and select the Component Suite that you want to add the add the component to. See Using Component Suites.

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Hello all,

Been a NetObjects user for the past 10 odd years, and I have just downloaded Essentials to get a taste of the newer version to my old version 7. It's quite similar, but some nice new features.

I'm trying to put a search function into my website, and when I search help, it gives me the following only I cannot find the Custom Components Toolbar. I can find all the other toolbars. Does it actually come with Essentials as I downloaded the pdf guide from the website and I couldn't find a mention of it, but the below is in the HELP search? Very confused. Thank you.

1 From the Custom Components toolbar, select NOF FAQ>FAQ Details Component.

2 Draw a box on the Layout to indicate where you want to position the FAQ Details component.

The NOF FAQ dialog appears.

3 If you have not created a Component Suite, create a new one by typing a name for the suite in the New name field. To include the component as part of an existing suite, click the Existing radio button and select the Component Suite that you want to add the add the component to. See Using Component Suites.
    The FAQ component was released with Fusion 9 (and later versions).

You may have downloaded a manual for a later version of the product.

If you elected to install the documentation when you installed Essentials you will find a link to the Essentials manual on the "Online View Page". The manual is called "Users Guide"
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Sorry, I'm a little confused. I may not have explained my situation properly.

I'm trying to use the FAQ component with Essentials, not with my old NetObjects 7 which resides on another PC.

I found the help I needed in the Essentials User Guide * sorry meant Help function within Essentials, but I can't find the Component Toolbar it is asking me to use to install the FAQ page.

Thank you for your quick response.
    Last edited by bren; 07-11-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. I may not have explained my situation properly.

I'm trying to use the FAQ component with Essentials, not with my old NetObjects 7 which resides on another PC.

I found the help I needed in the Essentials User Guide, but I can't find the Component Toolbar it is asking me to use to install the FAQ page.

Thank you for your quick response.
    You are looking at the wrong manual. Fusion Essentials is Fusion 7.5 There is no FAQ component with that product.

To view the correct manual click the "Users Guide" link in Online View (see attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	essentialsManual&#46.gif 
Views:	337 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	300  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Thank you. I had downloaded that already, but that's where I couldn't find the information so I wondered if it existed. You have answered my question thank you. Saves me searching for a feature that is not included.

I found the information I pasted in my OP from the Help > Help Topics > search, within the Essentials software itself.

Does Version 11 have a search feature that is easy to use? It is one of the main reasons I'm updating from 7.

There are 3rd party site searchs you can use.

http://www.atomz.com/

http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/netobjects.html

http://www.google.com/sitesearch/

Is this what you are after?
    Last edited by gotFusion; 07-11-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks gotFusion. I would prefer to have a more professional built in search function, vs the google/ad generating searches. I'm giving atomz a go at this moment, but I think it will generate too many ads for my liking.

I don't mind buying the upgrade to 11 if I can get the features I want. I really only downloaded Essentials as I thought it was a lot more current than my current version. The e-commerce is additional, and a feature I would use, but I was most likely looking at 11. I just wondered if I would still be able to use NetObjects after letting my website down for the last few years, so thought I may as well give Essentials a whirl.

Actually, while typing this post atomz just finished generating my website and the search doesn't look too bad. The best I've seen from a 3rd party. Thanks!

It will do for the moment, but I think I'm more & more leaning towards upgrading to version 11. Just hope I can still use it! If you do know if this version does have built in search, that would be appreciated.

Thanks gotFusion. I would prefer to have a more professional built in search function, vs the google/ad generating searches. I'm giving atomz a go at this moment, but I think it will generate too many ads for my liking.

I don't mind buying the upgrade to 11 if I can get the features I want. I really only downloaded Essentials as I thought it was a lot more current than my current version. The e-commerce is additional, and a feature I would use, but I was most likely looking at 11. I just wondered if I would still be able to use NetObjects after letting my website down for the last few years, so thought I may as well give Essentials a whirl.

Actually, while typing this post atomz just finished generating my website and the search doesn't look too bad. The best I've seen from a 3rd party. Thanks!

It will do for the moment, but I think I'm more & more leaning towards upgrading to version 11. Just hope I can still use it! If you do know if this version does have built in search, that would be appreciated.
    I have used atomz on the gotFusion site since it was brought on line. It is not too bad (no complaints over the past decade or so)

You won't find any internal site searches available. All will be external. An index of content needs to be created and that searched.

NetO is running a 50% off sale on version 11 the upgrade price is $55 (link at the bottom of the page) http://netobjects.com/icontact/20100430/

Thank you again gotFusion. That is a great offer, and I will now look around the 11 forum, and ask my questions there! Thanks for your help.