Thread: Link to new page, specify width height no title bar

Default Link to new page, specify width height no title bar

Hi All,

I would like a link (from an image), to open a new window where i can specify the width, height and no title bar etc

Using the standard link options i can only appear to get a brand new browser window showing title bar etc, is there anyway around this?

For the record, i have also tried using a simple javascript command as an 'external link' as follows:

window.open('http://www....','mywindow','width=735, height=710','scrollbars=yes');

This opens the new page as i want it to (correct width, height,no title bar), but then the original page that called it vanishes and just displays [OBJECT] for some reason??

Hope someone can help

Regards, J

Easily done. Create your link, then change target to Pop-up Window and then choose the options you want for how you want the window to open. See image:

Attachment 328

Hi Andrew,

This is what i expected however i am using NOF esssentials and i cannot find the option for pop up window type?
    I'm currently looking through the manual to see if this is available in essentials...

Regards, J

Quote Originally Posted by jofan View Post
    Hi Andrew,

This is what i expected however i am using NOF esssentials and i cannot find the option for pop up window type?
    I'm currently looking through the manual to see if this is available in essentials...

Regards, J
    Essentials does not have the newer features. You should ask questions about essentials in the essentials group otherwise you will get questions regarding the version where you post your question. Essentials is Fusion version 7.5

You will need to write the popup script and insert it using the smart link > blank > html option. see screenshot

Here is a list of all javascript window atributes and what they do http://www.gotfusion.com/tutsTD/atributes.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	javascriptPop..gif 
Views:	259 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	329  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike,

Thanks for clarification on the essentails versions, will post to here in future.

Thanks for the smart link, ive set this up however i just get a "javascript:void(0)" error as if its trying to load this page?

I cannot tell from your attachment what target you have selected, appears to be None?

Regards, J

It will say javascript:void(0) in the status bar because of the NOF code on HREF (see gotFusion screenshot), but will open a popup window once it's been clicked on.