Thread: Manual Recover for Version 4 to Version 7

Default Manual Recover for Version 4 to Version 7

I have found specific instruction of manual recovery from Version 4 to Version 7 and then to newer versions in another "paid" forum and cannot get to the info without purchase for 1 month membership.

First I must say thru this forum I have been told that is was impossible to save the template and CSS from older versions in tact. What is true?
    I have been doing complete rebuilds from scratch of sites, some over 100 pages.
    If at all possible I must retain the style that the sites (yes plural and many) were built in from Fusion 4. Can anyone help. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikalynn View Post
    I have found specific instruction of manual recovery from Version 4 to Version 7 and then to newer versions in another "paid" forum and cannot get to the info without purchase for 1 month membership.

First I must say thru this forum I have been told that is was impossible to save the template and CSS from older versions in tact. What is true?
    I have been doing complete rebuilds from scratch of sites, some over 100 pages.
    If at all possible I must retain the style that the sites (yes plural and many) were built in from Fusion 4. Can anyone help. Thank you.
    There was a major code-base rewrite after version 7. The dividing line is everything before 7 and everything after 7. Through the versions there have been minor revisions that cause issues in things such as components. Version 4 did not have native support for CSS but many like myself made modifications and inserted css calls into the pages.

Migrating up 7 versions can be done but it will take some time and a lot of trial and error

The "safest" way is to move the project files one version at a time when you have some that are that old. I believe that version 4 was released 12 years ago +/- A lot has changed in that time.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I inherited many sites, some in Fusion 4 and some in 8.
    Can I work 4 into (MX) I am not sure the exact version and then 8 from there, and are there specific manual recovery instructions for this listed?
    I can have access to whatever I need.
    Basic question are the styles in 4 convertible to higher versions?
    I may have to make a new template as I have been doing in the newer version but is there a way to move a style from Fusion 4 to Fusion 8 and then set the style in the new template?
    Thank you again