Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No help or documentation found NOF 2013

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post
    No actually he said; "just stating facts". That is not speculation Bronco Billy at least not where I'm from. Thanks for jumping in I'm sure he appreciated your insight?

Actually I THINK it is Pretty Lame of You to go After NOF for Lack of Documentation.......... NOF Has a Hell of a Lot of BIGGER Problems than Lack of Documentation...... Read the Posts......... It is Pretty Dam Tough to DOCUMENT Crashes....... Crashes are So Dam hard to Predict when one Does NOT Have Any IDEA What's Causing Them...... Go Get Em.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    Actually I THINK it is Pretty Lame of You to go After NOF for Lack of Documentation.......... NOF Has a Hell of a Lot of BIGGER Problems than Lack of Documentation...... Read the Posts......... It is Pretty Dam Tough to DOCUMENT Crashes....... Crashes are So Dam hard to Predict when one Does NOT Have Any IDEA What's Causing Them...... Go Get Em.........
    Documentation is just one of the problems others/myself have raised.
    The comment they were busting a gut to satisfy the demands of the clamouring hordes they hadn't actually finished the documentation was a jest surely?
    But it seems we actually agree? NOF2013 appears to be the usual crock and the lack of documentation is symptomatic of the companies approach.
    I can't comment about the state of play with NOF2013 because I've been burnt too many times and it will take a while longer for that damage to heal.
    I'm still interested enough to want to know what they've implemented/new features/updated etc. but that seems to be secret squirrels. (HTML5 and CSS3 great. What does that do for me?)
    Maybe they're all busy writing the docs?

Jim

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post
    Documentation is just one of the problems others/myself have raised.
    The comment they were busting a gut to satisfy the demands of the clamouring hordes they hadn't actually finished the documentation was a jest surely?
    But it seems we actually agree? NOF2013 appears to be the usual crock and the lack of documentation is symptomatic of the companies approach.
    I can't comment about the state of play with NOF2013 because I've been burnt too many times and it will take a while longer for that damage to heal.
    I'm still interested enough to want to know what they've implemented/new features/updated etc. but that seems to be secret squirrels. (HTML5 and CSS3 great. What does that do for me?)
    Maybe they're all busy writing the docs?

Jim

Actually About the Only Things About Your Post that I Agree With.......... Is That NOF Definitely has Program Stability and Marketing Problems...... I am a Programmer, Coder, Scripter or whatever the Hell they Call Them These Days...... Reading through your Posts....... If I remember Correctly You said You are NOT a Coder...... I Have NOT Been BURNED Yet....... Because of my Background......... I've Been able to Dig My Ass out of a Lot of Jams that Stymied Others....... The Core of the NOF Generator is a VERY FINE PIECE of WORK....... In the 90's it was a Dam Miracle that the Rest of the Software Industry Should Have Modeled(They Didn't)............ There is Something very Satisfying about Starting with a Blank Sheet(ie. ~Using a Template) and Building a Software Power House........

Actually About the Only Things About Your Post that I Agree With.......... Is That NOF Definitely has Program Stability and Marketing Problems...... I am a Programmer, Coder, Scripter or whatever the Hell they Call Them These Days...... Reading through your Posts....... If I remember Correctly You said You are NOT a Coder...... I Have NOT Been BURNED Yet....... Because of my Background......... I've Been able to Dig My Ass out of a Lot of Jams that Stymied Others....... The Core of the NOF Generator is a VERY FINE PIECE of WORK....... In the 90's it was a Dam Miracle that the Rest of the Software Industry Should Have Modeled(They Didn't)............ There is Something very Satisfying about Starting with a Blank Sheet(ie. ~Using a Template) and Building a Software Power House........
    Okay we've found some common ground. But, as someone who has no interest in coding and never will all I want is a programme that allows me to produce a web site with a few bells n whistles and with the minimum of fuss.
    If I have to fight a programme to get it to do what it's supposed to do then it's out of the window. NOF since version 8 has fitted that description.
    WebPlus x4 - 6 has achieved exactly what I was looking for and the site I maintain for my own company generated sales of £15k in the last 12 months.
    I'm sure a professional could do us a much better site but when they start quoting we stop listening because they just want silly money.
    The last guy wanted us to ditch WPx6 in favour of Wordpress. I know nothing about Wordpress.

NOF in the 90's might have been a miracle but this is 2013 and there's free online web site builders such as Wix that do a fine job without too much hassle.
    Has NOF had it's day? It probably has with me.

When I get an email from the company producing NOF and I arrive at their website all keen and interested and can hardly find a thing about what's new and find out they hadn't even supplied new documentation I think Na....!!!

Jim

So you're using WebPlus for your company web site and don't use professional web developers. Hmmm. I wondered what your agenda here was, and now I guess I know.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    So you're using WebPlus for your company web site and don't use professional web developers. Hmmm. I wondered what your agenda here was, and now I guess I know.
    It Took Me a While but I Finally got it Out of Him....... Maybe He will Post a Link and Prove You Wrong...........

All of the flamed comments and then he let it out.

Any remuneration for the advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Expand because you lost me?

For the record....read my lips 'No Agenda'.

So please expand on what you think my agenda is because I'm all ears?

Jim
    Last edited by jinker; 05-11-2013 at 03:16 PM.

It Took Me a While but I Finally got it Out of Him....... Maybe He will Post a Link and Prove You Wrong...........
    It took a while my hairy a**.
    Also, a link to what to prove who wrong because I haven't a clue what you're on about but having read your posts so far that's just about normality?

I also use Xara Web Designer, Wix, Web Easy Pro, Dreamweaver and other programmes so what is it you think you got out of me exactly?

I dropped by here to find out more about a new version, can see the problems the users are having (you too Billy boy) and find out they can't even be bothered to complete new docs.

I might be wrong but I can't see me making a purchase anytime soon but thanks for re-assuring me there's always the forum to fall back on if ever I'm stuck. It's a great comfort to know.....!!!

Jim
    Last edited by jinker; 05-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.

I have been using older versions of NOF for years, so can probably work out how to use NOF 13.
    I would however agree with the guys, information on how to use all the NOF has to be searched for on forums and the like, finding a little chunk of info here and a little piece there, and trying, over time, to try and figure out how the thing works. I know that there is a very good book explaining the basics for version 11.
    I am prepared to pay 100 euro for a "Lynda" type set of instructional DVDs the would explain ALL of the aspects of Fusion, basic and advanced, and would show me how to builds sites that would look like those in the ready made templates. That would teach me how to use the program to its full potential, leaving none of the features and capability of fusion out.
    So theres a challange for the GURUS. Anyone elseserious about learning Fusion and prepared to put their money where their mouth is ? ?