Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing site from version 11 into version 12

Default Importing site from version 11 into version 12

Hello,

I have a site style named Kid wich is working fine in version 11. After importing the site in version 12 the banner title and button title aren't visible anymore. Also the background color is changed into black.

How can I resolve this?

Eugène
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Version 12..jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	692  

Try reinserting the navbar and banner.

12 has a new graphics engine and seems to have issues with some images already in a converted site.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Inserting the navbar resolves the background color. I can't replace the banner. I also found out that the gif's are converted to jpg files without the text in the navbar or banner. It should be gif files.

Just a note that we are aware of this issue and we are actively researching it internally.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

This seems to be the same (or similar) problem that screwed up my imported site. The weird thing is that a transparent gif that is used in several master borders is displayed correctly on in some of the borders and not in others (has a black background). Also, even though I set the application default to not optimise images, all the imported images are "optimised" (and ruined). Manually restoring the default does not solve the problem, but deleting the image and re-inserting it does. That is, it is still optimised by default, but subsequently restoring it turns off the optimisation and allows the image to display correctly.

How could it be that no-one noticed this problem BEFORE the program was released?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Just a note that we are aware of this issue and we are actively researching it internally.
    I have the same problems with the navbar and the banner. Also, within the banner the text looks awful, very aliased, while in 11 it looks fine. Will there be a fix for this problem?

I found using pngs created problems. Text on PNG pics in say, a banner or menus is unreliable. I used a png button and found several of my menu items had transparent text. Changing the text from Black to a dark colour fixed that, but text on a clear banner png graphic didn't show up in preview or Local publish. I changed to a white gif and it was OK.

Default Transparency in GIF's

The problem with version 11 styles imported into version 12 seems to be confined to GIF images with transparency. The auto generated versions have a black backgroud in place of the transpent areas
    Last edited by graeme; 01-07-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Default Banners are Black Box

When I imported a site the page banner is a black box. Worked fine in 11. This make the entire program useless until fixed. Can I get a refund??

Have you tried to delete the exiting banner and place it again using the banner tool?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz