Thread: importing an excel spreadsheet into NOF 11

Default importing an excel spreadsheet into NOF 11

Hi all, just started using this software in order to create a small online type catalogue. i currently have over 2000 items in a spreadsheet with product codes, prices and jpeg images. so to import them individually would not be practical. is there a way i can import a sheet at a time?

can anybody give me any advice or help with this matter? would be much appreciated.

many thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomturner89 View Post
    Hi all, just started using this software in order to create a small online type catalogue. i currently have over 2000 items in a spreadsheet with product codes, prices and jpeg images. so to import them individually would not be practical. is there a way i can import a sheet at a time?

can anybody give me any advice or help with this matter? would be much appreciated.

many thanks,

Tom
    You can use the table (import data) tool to create a table and populate it. see attached screenshots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	importDataTable..gif 
Views:	351 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	importDataTable2..gif 
Views:	472 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	320  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have, in the past, simply copied the table in Excel and pasted into my NOF page. Although I can almost guarantee that with a table that size, you will have serious stability issues with NOF.

More recently, I did a trick where I created new columns in my table, and inserted text for the HTML bits that would surround the information. (Create a sample table in NOF like you want it to appear, then look at the HTML and copy it.) Then the very last column was a concatenation of all the columns, which provides all of the HTML that makes up the table, which I pasted into a text box. It can be a little finicky to get set up, but works well once you get it worked out. No stability issues since NOF doesn't need to think about how to generate the table -- you give it the code.

The other option is software that you can buy that will actually allow an excel spreadsheet to open inside a web site. I forget the specifics on what the products are and who sells them; a google or search on this forum will likely turn it up.

HTH,

-RayC

I haven't used this myself, (just saved the bookmark because it seemed as if it might be useful sometime) but it sounds like the sort of thing RayC is referring to;
    http://embedit.in/faq

this method will not let me import an excel file. it asks for a .csv file so i resaved the spreadsheet and once again failed to work. any other methods?

i have also tried to copy and paste, however none of the images copy across.

I think this is the one that I was thinking of:

Spreadsheet Converter

And the other thing you can do is ask Excel to export the spreadsheet as a web page.

-RayC

I use spreadsheet converter, it can produce various outputs (ASP HTML) its great for ease of use, I just import the spreadsheet into an Iframe, been using it for years for all my complex excell needs

Mike C

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    I think this is the one that I was thinking of:

Spreadsheet Converter

And the other thing you can do is ask Excel to export the spreadsheet as a web page.

-RayC