Thread: Plug-Ins

Default Plug-Ins

I want to insert a pdf in a page. The instructions say "In Page view, select the Plug-In tool from the Plug-Ins toolbox."

I can't for the like of me find the plug-in tool in page view! Where is it please?

Mike

View>components>plug-ins. Plug-ins will show on left side of page. I have a Flash plug-in, and that's it. Good luck trying to add a pdf plug-in.

(I am looking at NOF 2015 since I don't have 2013. They should be more or less the same. In order to use a tool, you have to make it visible.)
    Last edited by rick6811; 04-06-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    View>components>plug-ins. Plug-ins will show on left side of page. I have a Flash plug-in, and that's it. Good luck trying to add a pdf plug-in.

(I am looking at NOF 2015 since I don't have 2013. They should be more or less the same. In order to use a tool, you have to make it visible.)
    Thanks Rick. 2013 seems pretty much the same as 2015, and has Flash and Sound plug-ins. I'm trying to follow the Help instructions for "Inserting other types of file" but finding it impossible.

All I want to do is have a pdf membership form hiding in the background so it can be clicked and printed off by members and potential members. It ain't easy!

Mike

Just place text or an image (like a PDF icon) on your page and add a link to it by clicking on the Link button in your text or picture's properties. Choose Link Type: file.

Before you do this, place the pdf in your assets folder. By default, linked to files are published to your document root folder on the web server. If you want the file elsewhere, change the location in Publish View.
    Last edited by chuckj; 04-06-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks Chuck - worked perfectly.

Mike