Thread: Speech bubbles

Default Speech bubbles

Can anyone please assist? I need to do a site that includes a page with speech bubbles that pop up on a mouse-over action over text.

I purchased Tooltip 3,0 but can't get it to work. There is a YouTube video explaining it here.

Any assistance or suggestions will be appreciated.

It's kind of impossible to answer your question without knowing exactly what you did and where you may have gone astray. Most likely it will work if you follow the instructions properly, being sure that the CSS and JS calls are pointing to the right locations.

LBA, thanks for the quick response.
    I wish to create a text list box which brings up a speech bubble as the mouse moves each item in the list.
    I am pretty certain I got the codes in the head and body tags right. I then pasted the "js" and "css" folders into my local publish folder.
    Where I think I am failing miserably is in inserting the "class" into the list as NOF creates a single text container for the list.
    Even if you could explain how to insert the class script into a single text container that will help.
    I tried inserting class="the-tooltip top left black"<span>I am a speech bubble</span> before the head tag of a text box but that did not seem to work.
    If you can maybe point me in the right direction I'll appreciate it! It's past midnight here in South Africa and my head has grow fuzzy trying to think this through - coding is defnitely not my strong point (that's why I use NOF!)

You can begin by just testing to see if the tooltip itself is working. Create a text box.... from within the text box, hit Control-T... and then paste this:

<p class="the-tooltip top left black">Test text<span>Bubble text</span></p>

If that doesn't work, then check the prior steps. If it does work, then begin to work on getting the class worked into the NOF code.

Thanks. I tried that but got Test textBubble text. So obviously the tooltip css and js are not called properly from the generated HTML. At least I know where to start looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert vd Heever View Post
    Thanks. I tried that but got Test textBubble text. So obviously the tooltip css and js are not called properly from the generated HTML. At least I know where to start looking!
    I've just discovered it's a browser problem! The Tooltip does not work in Internet Explorer but functions as expected when I test my work in Chrome. I have written to the author to find out how I can resolve the issue.