Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Responsive Websites

I bet the new responsive solutions that will come out this year will standardize the phenomenon, but that does not mean the solutions will not work flawlessly.
    Perhaps by 2020, smartphones, tablets and phablets users will be able to have a true responsive website viewing experience.

You webmasters, do not rush. You shall not lose customers with wave after wave of global population increases, where more and more cyber-entrepreneurs will need websites.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

It is hard to believe that a company like NOF that was and is is the first major WYSIWYG website design software maker in the world cannot re-invent itself to be in tune with trends it started.

The new NOF version will be smashing.
    (I say this with no inside information, but by knowing that past champions cannot just go out of fashion so quickly and so deeply).

Fret and whine as much as you want but ... DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE NOF OWNER(S)/MANAGERS!
    Last edited by Since_v4; 03-30-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

They are certainly up to something, but I'm not sure Fusion will play a part in it. Incidentally I downloaded and installed Koken. I had an installation issue, filed a support request and got an immediate (overnight for me) response. Could Koken be the focus of their business now? Is this the new business model - free download and install, buy extras as and when you need them?
    Last edited by franko; 04-01-2017 at 10:22 PM.

The installation procedure is very strange but there are many software companies that follow a two-step or even three-stop installation process.

There isn't a forum on the Koken site, which is an omission. Forums save software companies mega dollars in largely obviating the need for a staffed support centre. Here would be an ideal place for one - How about it, Steve Rubenstein?

LOL. From the start of this thread to what the end has become.

Since_2014. Keep it up boys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2429989-182FDD2A00000578-923_638x737.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	2621

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    LOL. From the start of this thread to what the end has become.

Since_2014. Keep it up boys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2429989-182FDD2A00000578-923_638x737.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	2621
    Ha, ha, ha,
    The end will come only when NOF pampers us with the new version which will include responsive website design.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    The installation procedure is very strange but there are many software companies that follow a two-step or even three-stop installation process.

There isn't a forum on the Koken site, which is an omission. Forums save software companies mega dollars in largely obviating the need for a staffed support centre. Here would be an ideal place for one - How about it, Steve Rubenstein?
    Ohhh my, Frank, thou Marquis of HTML,

Koken??? http://koken.me/
    Hello no, give me NOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    The end will come only when NOF pampers us with the new version which will include responsive website design.
    Attaboy! A fun hobbie for last 3 years, no reason to stop now.
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 04-01-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    There isn't a forum on the Koken site
    there's an extensive and busy help section:
    http://help.koken.me/

scroll to Discussions. questions are anwered quick and substantial by Team NetObjects.

maybe they are really relocating their resources to Koken? however, I still believe, or better: hope, they will use Koken technology as a core or extension to new NOF versions.

In answer to your questions:

1. Me
    2. Me
    3.Neither are increasing; both are decreasing
    4. There are literally hundreds of PHP applications out there that produce web sites or galleries.
    5. The same model as Mobirise and its various component apps - you give away the base app and then sell everything needed to actually produce a viable site: themes, templates, galleries, etc, etc.

I may use Koken for my photography site when I update it (it's been the same for about 8 or 9 years now and potential clients still find me through it) but I wouldn't use it for a client site. For those I'm using CC Foundation Framer at the moment.

But I'm pretty sure I'll return to NoF as my core app if and when Netobjects updates it as necessary.
    Last edited by franko; 04-05-2017 at 01:15 AM.