Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Anybody Out There Looking For A Complete Tutorial.. Please reply to this message

Default Is Anybody Out There Looking For A Complete Tutorial.. Please reply to this message

I have been using older versions of NOF for years, so can probably work out how to use NOF 13.
    I would however agree with the guys, information on how to use all the NOF has to be searched for on forums and the like, finding a little chunk of info here and a little piece there, and trying, over time, to try and figure out how the thing works. I know that there is a very good book explaining the basics for version 11.
    I am prepared to pay 100 euro for a "Lynda" type set of instructional DVDs the would explain ALL of the aspects of Fusion, basic and advanced, and would show me how to builds sites that would look like those in the ready made templates. That would teach me how to use the program to its full potential, leaving none of the features and capability of fusion out.
    So theres a challange for the GURUS. Anyone elseserious about learning Fusion and prepared to put their money where their mouth is ? ?
    If I could get afew replies from you all, just to see if there is a need/ market for such a set of dvd's

Well you could go over these if you wanted to learn Fusion

http://www.gotfusion.com/menu/tuts_by_topic.cfm
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Smart reply, Mike

@ mikeconcannon

Do you know how long it takes to make one decent video?
    It's bad enough writing tutorials with lots of screenshots.

And you want to have a full course of videos covering ALL the aspects of NOF, from basics to advanced including designing modern looking websites?

Well how many videos should that turn out to be??
    And how many months will somebody sitting there creating them?

And you are willing to pay 100 bucks..?
    Wow...... but how many buyers you need to cover at least the costs ( for several months of hard work..)?
    Last edited by mia; 05-14-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mikeconcannon View Post
    I have been using older versions of NOF for years, so can probably work out how to use NOF 13.
    I would however agree with the guys, information on how to use all the NOF has to be searched for on forums and the like, finding a little chunk of info here and a little piece there, and trying, over time, to try and figure out how the thing works. I know that there is a very good book explaining the basics for version 11.
    I am prepared to pay 100 euro for a "Lynda" type set of instructional DVDs the would explain ALL of the aspects of Fusion, basic and advanced, and would show me how to builds sites that would look like those in the ready made templates. That would teach me how to use the program to its full potential, leaving none of the features and capability of fusion out.
    So theres a challange for the GURUS. Anyone elseserious about learning Fusion and prepared to put their money where their mouth is ? ?
    If I could get afew replies from you all, just to see if there is a need/ market for such a set of dvd's
    Click Here For Tutorials Galore.... ............... Bonus ..............
    Last edited by Bronco Billy; 05-14-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Hello Mia
    A very definate YES! is the answer to your post, what would be so bad about having instruction material that would cover ALL aspects of Fusion?
    And. . . . . . . .how many copies would you sell at 100 euro a time? that is the most important question ? ?
    Oh, and before I forget, yes I do know exactly what is involved in making video, Iv been doing it professionally since 1982
    100 euros was just a figure pulled from the air, Im going to pay 1500 for a SEO course soon so I would not be a stranger to paying a good price for a good course, the question that I amasking is, would I be on my own, the only user willing to pay for quality tutorial info?
    Last edited by mikeconcannon; 05-14-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Very comprehensive user manual and getting started guides are available - and have been for every version up untill v11. For some reason, no docs were produced for v12 but I'd guess it had a lot to do with the purchase of NoF from WSP by the current management with the concurrent development of v12, no small task in itself.

However, while there are a number of incremental features in vs 12 and 13 from v11, they are the only ones that need new documentation so upgrading the docs should not be too arduous or expensive a task. Producing videos really isn't necessary, although as the population seems to grow more illiterate with every passing year, I guess videos will have to be produced at some stage for those who cannot read or understand the documentation.

Mercans? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Do you know how long it takes to make one decent video?
    It's bad enough writing tutorials with lots of screenshots.
    I've done a few full motion video tutorials with audio commentary.

http://www.gotfusion.com/dockingPalettes/

the 9 fans on my U4 are just too loud and over power the audio so I gave up on them and have done just non commentary videos

http://www.gotfusion.com/videos/custom_publish/
    http://www.gotfusion.com/videos/CustomNavFlyout/
    http://www.gotfusion.com/videos/dupe_style/
    http://www.gotfusion.com/videos/dupe_style/
    http://www.gotfusion.com/videos/insertFormTag/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hello Franko, There are a group of people who have worked out how to use Fusion to its fullest potential, over a long amount of years, respectfully, you are one of them.
    There are also, and always will be, new users, or dumb users (like me) who have been using Fusion for a long time but only in a simple way, and now want to improve their skills. I would not be unique in hoping that there would be video tutorials available as that is the best way of learning. I remember when I was at the beginning of learning Adobe Premiere in 1995. The books were good the chunks of on-line info, was also a help, but the way I really got to grips with it was by buying a "Lynda" and "How To Gurus" video course, now I know as much as anybody and can fly through Premiere and Photoshop. I would like to get to the same skill level with Fusion. I know that I can do it, by muddling along, and in afew years I will be ok'ish at Fusion. I supose it's one for the marketing guys at Fusion, how many new users and trial users do they want to keep? My mate bought Fusion 13 at the same time that I did, he has no web building knowledge, I told him to look at the on-line stuff and to buy the book "how to do everything in Fusion 11" he then asked, "is there any on-line video course that you can buy?
    I told him that there are people at GotFusion who are really helpful, and for a tenner a month you have one to one really good help.
    Anyhow, thanks for replying Franco, mike

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mikeconcannon View Post
    Hello Franko, There are a group of people who have worked out how to use Fusion to its fullest potential, over a long amount of years, respectfully, you are one of them.
    There are also, and always will be, new users, or dumb users (like me) who have been using Fusion for a long time but only in a simple way, and now want to improve their skills. I would not be unique in hoping that there would be video tutorials available as that is the best way of learning. I remember when I was at the beginning of learning Adobe Premiere in 1995. The books were good the chunks of on-line info, was also a help, but the way I really got to grips with it was by buying a "Lynda" and "How To Gurus" video course, now I know as much as anybody and can fly through Premiere and Photoshop. I would like to get to the same skill level with Fusion. I know that I can do it, by muddling along, and in afew years I will be ok'ish at Fusion. I supose it's one for the marketing guys at Fusion, how many new users and trial users do they want to keep? My mate bought Fusion 13 at the same time that I did, he has no web building knowledge, I told him to look at the on-line stuff and to buy the book "how to do everything in Fusion 11" he then asked, "is there any on-line video course that you can buy?
    I told him that there are people at GotFusion who are really helpful, and for a tenner a month you have one to one really good help.
    Anyhow, thanks for replying Franco, mike

In My Opinion..... What You Want Ain't Gonna Happen....... What I Want Ain't Gonna Happen Either...... I Want a Kindle Ebook of These Tutorials..........

My Take on Why "Johnny Can't Use NOF to it's Fullest Extent"....... Is Because Johnny Does NOT have a STRONG BACKGROUND in Information Technology.... Notice All the Gurus are IT Pros...... Johnny Knows Enough to Get His Ass in a Jam..... And Johnny Doesn't Know Enough To Get his Ass Out of it......