Thread: Jwplayer

Default Jwplayer

I am trying to put some videos on my website.

I am not a programmer and don't understand what I'm being asked to do.

I did create a JWPLAYER directory in my root directory and uploaded the files, but I don't understand their directions for creating the links to the videos.

Can someone please explain, in newbie detail, how to implement JW Player, or point me to a page that explains...

Thanks,

When adding video content for the first time the best alternative is to add your movies via youtube. Have a look at Mikes tutorial here which should help you:
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4063
    Bert542

Ian

Default Re: Jwplayer

What sort of video files are you trying to load? I've always found that .wmv
    files work well with the Windows Media plugin that comes with NOF. There are
    a number of other plugins that you can use within NOF for different types of
    media files.

Ian

"Bert542" wrote in message
    news:Bert542.4wbxn7@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com...

When adding video content for the first time the best alternative is to
    add your movies via youtube. Have a look at Mikes tutorial here which
    should help you:
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4063
    Bert542

Thanks gents....

I've been experimenting with various file types and did figure out that Netobjects has support for several streaming formats. I was able to get Quicktime to stream and will try a few others, just to learn more about this function.

Thanks for the pointers.

P.S. Bert, Newcastle is a neat location, been your way for a meeting, from Sydney a few years ago...

OK gents,

Thanks for the help.... I was able to create some YouTube videos and embed them on the web site, worked GREAT!!!

Now, if I can only figure out why I can't abort a Publish session. Hit Abort and it just hangs, either in Passive or not....

Cheers,

TIP: Publish locally and then upload via Filezilla - easier, faster, more control.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adendum View Post
    TIP: Publish locally and then upload via Filezilla - easier, faster, more control.
    Yes, I understand that suggestion. One would expect the software to work as designed, but then has that "ever" been the case?

Thanks,

99% of the time the inbuilt FTP works fine and for the majority of users it does what they need. Personally I never use it as NOF tends to publish and then upload more files than you need to. If you make a simple change to some text all you need to upload it the html file but NOF often wants to upload a dozen other files.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adendum View Post
    99% of the time the inbuilt FTP works fine and for the majority of users it does what they need. Personally I never use it as NOF tends to publish and then upload more files than you need to. If you make a simple change to some text all you need to upload it the html file but NOF often wants to upload a dozen other files.
    I've been using NOF for 13 years. The Publish FTP worked, seemingly, forever.

I switched to a Win 7 32 bit platform (from a Win 7 64 bit platform) 6 months ago and now discovered this past week the Publish abort doesn't terminate the Publish, it just hangs...

I have to terminate the program from windows task manager.. Annoying, but now that I know it tends to fail I will upload with a standalone FTP package...