Thread: Cant get Photo Carousel or Rotating Pcture to work in TabTop

Default Cant get Photo Carousel or Rotating Pcture to work in TabTop

I have 6 tabs and when I add either Carousel or Rotating Picture they only work properly in a couple tabs. In all the tabs they will at least show one picture but only a couple will actually rotate through the pictures I have added. The tabs that end up not working also will not let you manually click to rotate the pictures.

I'm new here so I don't know the process for getting help with something like this. Should be easy to replicate locally for anyone interested in helping, just create a bunch of tabes and add carousels to all of em.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Hi AMPoet, I do not have a solution...but I had the same problem when placing several carousels on the same page. I just changed the "wrap" setting for the ones that didn't work, published. Then changed back to the wrap I wanted....published...and tralala...worked. But don't ask me why, probably something with the coding for the "Carousel" that messes up and then corrects when changing settings???
    Maybe to some help
    Sadly that did not work and now two more Carousels are no longer working. Clearly this is a bug, anyone know where the actual forums for NOF are where the developers read and post?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMPoet View Post
    Should be easy to replicate locally for anyone interested in helping, just create a bunch of tabes and add carousels to all of em.

Thanks
    Or,even better, you could post a URL so we can see what you're doing. I'm not going to bother replicating a problem I don't have, but I may take a look at yours.

Quote Originally Posted by AMPoet View Post
    Sadly that did not work and now two more Carousels are no longer working. Clearly this is a bug, anyone know where the actual forums for NOF are where the developers read and post?

Thanks
    No, it is not clearly a bug, it may still be User Error, we may have an IDTENT in the house.

And yes, this is the forum developers tread and post in, why I have even seen the CEO post here.

Perhaps as a newbie you could be a little more polite and a lot more forthcoming on what you did to cause your problem.

Placing scripted elements inside MLRs has never really worked. Something about a script inside another script. I went through this a few years ago and never resolved it.

You could try publishing your scripted elements (the carousels in your case) to a separate, zero-margin page and use an I-Frame to pull each into the MLR. Not sure if that would work, but may be worth a try.

In my case, I rethought the layout, and simply created a series of linked pages with their own navigation.

Here is my example. Note the nav on the left side of the page in lieu of an MLR. http://www.charterability.com/html/gallery/gallery.html
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default MLR with multiple carousels work around.

Hello. You've stumbled upon a know issue. In essence, what is happening is the "scroll by" control on every carousel (other than the one in the first tab) is sticking on zero. (regardless of what the UI displays)

The workaround is to change the "scroll by" setting manually which will force a reset. Please see the brief video. Sorry for the problem, we're working to revamp our support documentation to make sure if there's an issue that we know about, and there's a reasonable workaround, we'll be better at communicating it to minimize your frustration.

Thank you for the work around! I take it by that one guys reply this is the official forum then. Either way got my problem solved, many thanks.

You're welcome.