Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Program Thoughts ???

Default New Program Thoughts ???

How about a responsive, fluid type new program that sets percentages around containers, frames and borders as to fit to any screen and of course be able to set break points.

Make it a native 64 bit program and keep it basic. Not much more than, a master page/border, menu/page - navigation/management, inserting code, images and text. With features to make those things easy to do.

Later NOF could add apps that are separate being no problem compatible with the base program. Also the end user could use any 3rd party app they want. Easier for the developers and programmers to create and less time to market.

This would eliminate the giant one ball does all program with possible hard to fix bugs and semi-functional features. Many programs fixes are never completed and carried over to the next major release because of the demand to produce a """new and improved version""".

So only the features wanted are loaded and used, keeping bloat down, making loading, saving, and publishing faster.This type of program would certainly get my attention.

Kind Regards
    Donald
    Kind Regards
    Donald

Artificial intelligence perhaps?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Artificial intelligence perhaps?
    Two months ago I threw a word here: AI.

Now here below is the proof that sharp minds are already working on it.

Artificial Intelligence Websites That Design Themselves? Wow ...
    Goodbye Templates? Wow .......
    The Right Shot Every Time? Wow ...
    Set Up Shop In Seconds? On-Demand E-Commerce?? Wow ...

Can this be true? The Grid Is The Website Of The Future: It Builds Itself.

https://thegrid.io/

This is what they call 'ahead of time' ...
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Two months ago I threw a word here: AI.

Now here below is the proof that sharp minds are already working on it.

Artificial Intelligence Websites That Design Themselves? Wow ...
    Goodbye Templates? Wow .......
    The Right Shot Every Time? Wow ...
    Set Up Shop In Seconds? On-Demand E-Commerce?? Wow ...

Can this be true? The Grid Is The Website Of The Future: It Builds Itself.

https://thegrid.io/

This is what they call 'ahead of time' ...
    I bet NOF is on top of it.

There are plenty of responsive page designers out there and it is trivial to include one or more responsive pages in a NoF site simply by using a custom link on the nav bar. The same way we include galleries, lightboxs and any other external code. So you can easily have a responsive home page and then links pointing to NoF for more indepth content (because one thing responsive sites are NOT good for is providing amounts of detailed, in-depth content).

And when you think that after NOF 2016 is released you shall have to wait an extra six months until the release bugs are fixed, you will realize how time irons out everything ...

I agree with Franco, If the Homepage was responsive there would be no need for all of the rest of the pages to be responsive. If the NOF team are finding it difficult to make all of the components included in NOF work in a responsive way, I wouldn't mind being told that you cant use this this and this feature, but you can use that, when building the responsive homepage.
    I am an old git and do not want to have to learn something new and I am hoping that the NOF team come up with something responsive sometime.
    If they don't, the product is dead. Maybee its dead already.
    We are all clinging on by our nails because we have been part of NOF for so long and don't want to leave, I guess that all the youngsters have gone already.

To me NOF is like a bad girlfriend or boyfriend, I won't say wife (which I have had) you've been with her for so long that you really don't want to change, but you know that you shouldn't be with her but you are so used of her being around that you couldn't imagine yourself with anyone else. And, no matter how bad things are with her, at least you are used of her and know everything about her. You don't really want to start over again and you hope that one day she will change and things will be like when you first met.
    Im used of NOF and I love the way it works.
    Franco, how do you do the thing with the scripts to make a different homepage show up when someone visits a NOF website with a pocket size smartphone. That will get me by for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeconcannon View Post
    how do you do the thing with the scripts to make a different homepage show up when someone visits a NOF website with a pocket size smartphone. That will get me by for now.
    People will argue different methods, but this simple script passes Google's mobile friendly test (the locations address is just an example locations):

<script type="text/javascript">
    if (screen.width<768) {
    window.location="http://www.yoursite.com/mobilesite/";
    }
    </script>

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    People will argue different methods, but this simple script passes Google's mobile friendly test (the locations address is just an example locations):

<script type="text/javascript">
    if (screen.width<768) {
    window.location="http://www.yoursite.com/mobilesite/";
    }
    </script>
    Code goes before the end head tag on any page you want detected by mobile phone. If you want the detection on every page of your site, put in the master border head tag.