Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Disapoited in Net fusion

Default Very Disapoited in Net fusion

Tried this thing out and im very disappointed as of right now not worth the money I paid for the software. I've tried multiple times to redo an existing site that was made with wysiwyg10 which is a lot easier to use and make it with netfusion 2013. No scrolling marquee option just very difficult to use. Just about ready to give up and go back to wysiwyg 10 unless I can find some help.

well.. trashing NoF is not normally the best way to ask for help with NoF... ya think?
    Especially not when it's your FIRST post in the forum...

There are many things that NoF does NOT do.. but that is the same with every single program out there.. they all have their strengths and weaknesses.. and there are TONS of work-arounds.. that is why one READS before they BUY..

(off my soap-box)
    Last edited by fizz; 11-29-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Well for 1 I wasn't really trashing the software simply stating it's not very user friendly!maybe you could point in the right direction
    Last edited by Robbieo; 11-29-2014 at 09:57 PM.

You cannot import a web site made with another wysiwyg program. NoF, like wysisyg webbuilder (which I also have as well as a number of others) generates the code when you publish the site; not before. The site itself is contained within a proprietory database. When you create and edit the file you are not actually creating the web code (html, css, javascript) until you publish. You have to rebuild the site in NoF, not such a big task unless you have thousands of pages built up over a large number of years (I once had to rebuild a 10,000 page static site into a dynamically generated databse site but I also had a large IT team to do the grunt work). If you have all the assets available (which you presumably do) then re-doing the site in NoF is not such a big ask.

That said, I've tried practically all the wysiwyg site generator tools out there and always come back to NoF. Maybe that's because I know it so well having used it on and off since 1996 (and I'm still finding ways of doing things I didn't know about - living and learning) simply because it's the quickest and easiest way to build and prototype a site. I often add custom coding to the site either in situ or once published but in nothing else I've found can I design and deploy a site so rapidly.

A good place to start is the Netobjects documentation (go to the web site, click on support -> documentation and work through the "Creating your first web site" document. This will give you a good working knowledge of all the tools in NoF and it will only take a couple of hours - time well invested. Trying to do stuff in any program without RTFMing is usually a frustrating exercise.

Then start to build your site using the content you already have. It won't take long once you've learned the basics of the program and if you get stuck, then is the time to post a question here. Understand that this is not an official support forum but a community of users who are only to willing to help provided help is asked for graciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbieo View Post
    Well for 1 I wasn't really trashing the software simply stating it's not very user friendly!maybe you could point in the right direction
    Dreamweaver is the one for you.

Very easy and user friendly.

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html

You can get a 30 trial and they have a very helpful forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver

Just look for Murray Summers on there for help. Tell him turtle sent you and say HI from me when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post

A good place to start is the Netobjects documentation (go to the web site, click on support -> documentation and work through the "Creating your first web site" document. This will give you a good working knowledge of all the tools in NoF and it will only take a couple of hours - time well invested. Trying to do stuff in any program without RTFMing is usually a frustrating exercise.
    That is the most polite RTFM I have ever read.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 11-30-2014 at 01:47 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Well if anyone would like to take a look at what I started in wysiwyg10 and direct me in the right way feel free. I just tried to start from a template in nof and cant even get the color to change. http://www.madisontownshipoh.net/Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Robbieo View Post
    Well if anyone would like to take a look at what I started in wysiwyg10 and direct me in the right way feel free. I just tried to start from a template in nof and cant even get the color to change. http://www.madisontownshipoh.net/Fire
    Whether you're using WW10 or NOF, you're going to need to process yourself through some tutorials. Without that 'directing you in the right way' could be an endless process. There's no short cutting any software. IMHO I think you'll find WW10 more robust in it's documentation and support. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYYk8jHFaOI
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 12-01-2014 at 07:10 PM.

I have used NOF since 1999 and found it very useful. Some of the components I have used are pretty cool and it is easily editable adding scripts and html. I have even developed my own styles for certain websites due to some color requests. I would recommend using some of the tutorials. Me working from home, I guess I could make some video tutorials and upload them, possibly on youtube.

Hi Robbieo!

If you want to change the background color look here:

http://www.nof-schule.de/netobjects-...e_formats.html

The whole tutorial could be an eye opener for you

well done, Barbara! very nice and useful tutorials indeed.