Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am starting to regret upgrading to NOF 2015

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Probably because that's the recommended method for transferring sites between versions (or indeed, between computers not on a network together). A template export gathers all the files in the site together in one zip file. When it's opened all the files are there with paths relative to the site root. When you just open a nod file in a different version, NoF has to look for the required files wherever they originally were, which is in the earlier version site folder. If that changes in any way then the paths are corrupted. It's the easiest way to snafu a site, especially a site that's had legs over many years which usually means many different computers. Exporting and importing templates is the only safe way to move a site.
    I am still confused - If I use a Template exported from NOF 11 and open it in NOF 2015, I get errors. But if I use a Template exported from NOF 11 open it with NOF 2013, then Save and Export as Template from NOF 2013 and open in NOF 2015 - No errors. Either way, I am opening from a Template. Why does one produce errors and the other does not? That is what has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Well, well, well, isn't it nice?
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara0701 View Post

Regarding John's statements which seen to have to rely on large fonts to make them more credible... I would suggest him to stop screaming in this forum.

Please quit with the large fonts!

Quote Originally Posted by Einsam View Post
    I am still confused - If I use a Template exported from NOF 11 and open it in NOF 2015, I get errors. But if I use a Template exported from NOF 11 open it with NOF 2013, then Save and Export as Template from NOF 2013 and open in NOF 2015 - No errors. Either way, I am opening from a Template. Why does one produce errors and the other does not? That is what has me confused.
    Many of the components have changed drastically between Fusion 11 and Fusion 2015. Fusion 11 is nearly 10 years old and designed to run with Windows XP and windows 2000.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Banned

Thank you, Mike - That makes sense and I had not considered those factors. I have NOF 11 on a Win XP system and a Win 7 system.

Is there anything I have to worry about when upgrading to Windows 10?

On the other hand I have upgraded sites from v11 to v15 without problems. I guess it depends on which components are being used. Re v10, I upgraded a couple of weeks ago and so far the only issue I have is with VMWare which doesn't seem to be compatible (or maybe it's just that I use it only to run old 8-bit programs). All other programs are running without issues. Hate the user interface though, and the way they hide things forcing you to dig through options for hours to find what used to be a simple Control Panel item.

I was having the exact same problems as the OP. By chance, I noticed a slight difference in the appearance of the web site loaded into 2015 (I was coming from a template exported from NOF 12).

NOF 2015 was simply crashing on remote publish, although I had followed all relevant instructions mentioned earlier on this site.

In preview mode, the navigation bar, located in the master border, had an extra blank in the text. Strange!. I turned the master border protection off, moved the navigation bar right one pixel and then back again, turned master border protection back on, re-optimized, and presto, remote publishing suddenly worked.

Seems the problem might have something to do with a protected master border, because I reproduced this 3 times on similar web sites that I subsequently had to move from NOF 12 -> NOF 2015, which one by one were crashing NOF on remote publish. In all cases simply unprotecting the master border and forcing an update, before re-protecting it, made it possible to remote publish the site.

Might be you could try that, maybe it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by FanDjango View Post
    I was having the exact same problems as the OP. By chance, I noticed a slight difference in the appearance of the web site loaded into 2015 (I was coming from a template exported from NOF 12).

NOF 2015 was simply crashing on remote publish, although I had followed all relevant instructions mentioned earlier on this site.

In preview mode, the navigation bar, located in the master border, had an extra blank in the text. Strange!. I turned the master border protection off, moved the navigation bar right one pixel and then back again, turned master border protection back on, re-optimized, and presto, remote publishing suddenly worked.

Seems the problem might have something to do with a protected master border, because I reproduced this 3 times on similar web sites that I subsequently had to move from NOF 12 -> NOF 2015, which one by one were crashing NOF on remote publish. In all cases simply unprotecting the master border and forcing an update, before re-protecting it, made it possible to remote publish the site.

Might be you could try that, maybe it helps.

Thank you for posting this.

Did yo utry deleting and replacing the nav bar component as well as re-positioning?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

One more thing has come up during the process of migrating all my Websites from NOF 12 -> NOF 2015 (see my previous post): Once again, NOF 2015 was crashing on remote publish. This time there was no master border in the Website. So I searched onwards for anything strange - and found three items at the bottom of one of the sites pages which were marked with a red asterisk due to (very slight) overlap with some other element. I repositioned these so that these were no longer flagged.

Holding my breath, I re-optimised (I suppose it can't hurt), and published successfully. Looks like NOF 2015 can be really finnicky on some little errors, probably only in originally loaded templated sites though. (I hope).

So there are now 2 things on my list of "how to get around the Crash on Publishing":

1. Masterborder issue
    2. Flagged elements

Maybe there are more things, but I am now running out of websites to migrate, nearly finished.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Thank you for posting this.

Did yo utry deleting and replacing the nav bar component as well as re-positioning?
    No, just moved it.

Post deleted.
    Last edited by barbara0701; 09-08-2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Sorry, got the wrong page... my answer was irrelevant.