Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is this darn script coming from!

Default Where is this darn script coming from!

Check out the top of my pages.

I know I added a HTML script in somewhere a LONG time ago. This was to show the ads that you see. At that point, the ads weren't working, so I gave up. Now that they are working, I don't want them there any longer, but can't remember where I put the script!

I thought I put it in a empty text box and clicked HTML and put in the script. But I can't find that empty text box. I also checked my page HTML. Its not there. Its some kind of script.

Anyone help please?

http://www.wicked-evolution.com/html...ss_machine.php

Are you talking about the adsbygoogle.js script at the very top of the page? That may have gotten there by adding some code to the Layout. Click on a blank area of the page so that the inspector shows you Layout Properties. Then click HTML to see if that code appears there at the top... and delete it. You're probably looking to remove this:

<script async
    src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- ad 1 -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
    style="display:inline-block;width:300px;height:250px"
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-6356580255866359"
    data-ad-slot="6263295420"></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>

Thank you ever so much for replying. Hope you keep replying, as that's not where the script is.

It is the adsbygoogle script, but that's the first place i looked. Actually masterboarder properties, since its on every single page. Where else could this be? I vaguely remember adding some kind of javascript or something, maybe, I don't know. I just want it gone.

Any more ideas please?

Does this also appear on your local publish (pages generated to your home computer)?

If it only appears online it may be inserted by your hosting provider.

If it shows on local publish and remote publish then you have inserted it.

there is another location where you can insert code.

Down at the bottom of the page in page view there is a button that says code. Click that and see if you can remove the code on the first line from there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	code_view.gif 
Views:	246 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	1778
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks. I checked that code button before as well. The code isn't there.

When publishing directly to my PC, the ads to not show.

It can't be from my hosting company because its directly embedded into my web page, correct? The actual coding for it?

Please, more options??

Wait, I just opened it in Internet Explorer and do not get those ads. But in Google Chrome I do. Unlless IE doesn't understand the script and skips it...

When publishing directly to your PC, and then viewing the source code, do you see the offending code at the top of the page?

someone may have hacked your account and has access to your domain content.

Change the passwords on your hosting control panel and ALL FTP accounts. You should probably change all of the passwords on your email accounts while you are at it as they may be compromised also.

after you have changed all of your hosting passwords.....

Log into your account using FileZilla and delete everything on domain root. If you are not comfortable doing this ask your host to remove all http content from domain root and above.

Then do a full remote publish.

This should clear things up
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

So I covered all the locations this script could be in with Netobjects eh? Ah crap. I was sure that I put a script in somewhere. Ok, off to do that crap. Sigh...

Thanks.

Netobjects is amazing, isn't it guys? I have designed about 100 sites using that. The one you have been looking at is OLD. Since then I believe I am a Netobjects Pro. You should see some of my other work.

Thanks everyone.

Wait, hold up....

If that's the case, why isn't that script on the main page?

Its on EVERY PAGE except the very very first one, at www.wicked-evolution.com

Which leads me to believe that I have a script somewhere in the masterborder properties, because in Netobjects, masterboarder is not on my main page. It is on every other though.