Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awkward Question

VERY simplistic overview of NetObjects Fusion

1. Fusion is a database program
    2. Fusion stores screen co-ordinance of objects placed by the user
    3. Fusion writes html, javascript, ajax, php code basted on the database record
    4. Fusion is WYSWYG so no matter how inept the user, the code it writes works

Very simplistic overview of other html generators

1. They create html code based on what the user puts on the screen
    2. User needs to know html, javascript, ajax, php or how to place blocks where they need to be.
    3. The user needs to know what they want as far as code.

What is it going to take for Fusion to write "cell phone" complaint code? A complete re-write of the generating engine like was done for Fusion 5 when it went to using css include files instead of inline formatting code.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    What is it going to take for Fusion to write "cell phone" complaint code? A complete re-write of the generating engine like was done for Fusion 5 when it went to using css include files instead of inline formatting code.
    that release 5 was published in 2000. NetObjects had revenue of $34.2 million for fiscal year 2000 (October 1999 - September 2000) and in 2000 the stock price of NETO (ticker symbol) reached its record high of $45 11/16 USD, making NetObjects worth $1.5 billion.

those were the glorious days, my friend....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    that release 5 was published in 2000. NetObjects had revenue of $34.2 million for fiscal year 2000 (October 1999 - September 2000) and in 2000 the stock price of NETO (ticker symbol) reached its record high of $45 11/16 USD, making NetObjects worth $1.5 billion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetObj...ges_and_crisis
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Peter,

You are the only one after me who speaks about NOF stock prices.
    You can see a chart at my 'My early Christmas gift' post if you search for it in this forum.
    Ha, ha, ha ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Where is the dough, $$$, cash, greenbacks???

Hi Mike,

I read almost the entire wikipedia entry.
    Thank you for your contribution!

The whole episode was exagerated, IMO.
    Too many hands at the pie.

I personally would NOT have gotten myself (or my company) involved with heavy hitters thinking they would save me, because I know they also could crush me ...

Everything that goes up does not have to come down. One can graciously bow out if the scene when he is at the top ...

Why take kicks in the butt at the bottom or on the way down?
    Last edited by Since_v4; 10-15-2017 at 07:11 PM.

.. all of which brings us to www.koken.me
    How long will koken be alive and kicking?
    Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I discarded wysiwyg web builder for the very reason it uses absolute positioning. I know that it can be kludged to create responsive web sites but there are better tools. I'm using Coffee Cup responsive apps (RSD, Foundation Framer, Bootstrap Builder and a few more). Foundation Framer is my choice because Foundation is a mobile first approach to coding. If you can afford it, though Responsive Site Designer is the best choice because it gives you a choice of frameworks - Foundation, Bootstrap and RSD's own framework. Ain't nothing you can't do with these apps as you have complete access to the html, css and javascript. Bit of a learning curve but well worth it.

You can also turn any site into a responsive site by adding some Bootsrap code. Freecodecamp.org has a good tutorial series on doing this. In fact, it has a whole web coding course that is completely free and I highly recommend it. But go on the site, register and do a search for bootstrap and the appropriate pages should come up.
    Frank,

I think I shall step into your shoes and go with Coffee Cup's Web Editor.

Which of Bootstrap or Foundation resembles NOF more than the other?

(Oh, yeah, I know I can download the two for trial, but I want to be babysat today ...)

yes. I wrote that article. and dare to quote myself

Which of Bootstrap or Foundation resembles NOF more than the other?
    Foundation framer, Bootstrap builder and Responsive Site Designer all have similar interfaces to one another. RSD gives you a choice of the foundation, bootstrap and its own frameworks to choose from. Foundation is a mobile-first framework created by zurb. Bootstrap is a desktop-first framework developed by, I believe, Twitter. The difference is simply whether you choose to create your mobile version first and then your larger versions, or your desktop version first and then your mobile versions. None of them resemble Netobjects Fusion. Nothing does.