Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really don't know ...

you must contact with senior members. its good if you want to have some business here

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    UPDATE
    I have no idea whatsoever what needs to be done to give visitors the possibility to place bids.

In the meantime, I abandoned the idea.
    You might need to think outside the box. Lots of pages to get ideas from.

There are many back end applications available, most using MySQL and PHP. As long as you have access to these on your server it shouldn't be too hard to install and configure an application.http://www.capterra.com/auction-software/ has a list of them. It's just a case of doing the due diligence with regard to cost, ease of implementation, and server requirements.

In my forums it is explicitly forbidden to contact forum members per PN offering web design (or other) services . If a user wants professional help he writes it in the market place which is only accessible to logged in members.

http://www.nof-schule.de/forum/f-job...6rse-flohmarkt

Having said that: it is no longer possible to prepare professional (responsive) templates with NOF which can be subsequently used by non professional webmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsiko View Post
    you must contact with senior members. its good if you want to have some business here
    Thank you Sir.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    You might need to think outside the box. Lots of pages to get ideas from.
    Ooh, Beach Ape, you humbled me. How the heck did I fail to search for 'live auctions' on the big, ol' Net?

My philosophy is that when I have a slice of bread I look for friends with whom to share it first.

Everything I do I already do alone for many, many years, but when there is business like a live auction to be done I want to talk with my NOF friends first.

Thank you for your input.

(added 'NOF' before 'friends first').
    Last edited by Since_v4; 09-18-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    There are many back end applications available, most using MySQL and PHP. As long as you have access to these on your server it shouldn't be too hard to install and configure an application.http://www.capterra.com/auction-software/ has a list of them. It's just a case of doing the due diligence with regard to cost, ease of implementation, and server requirements.
    Hi Franko,

There are many things on the Net, but I have no clue about MySQL and PHP and the like.
    And I fully agree to the research on cost, ease of implementation, and server requirements.

See my reply to Beach Ape above.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara0701 View Post
    In my forums it is explicitly forbidden to contact forum members per PN offering web design (or other) services . If a user wants professional help he writes it in the market place which is only accessible to logged in members.

http://www.nof-schule.de/forum/f-job...6rse-flohmarkt
    Thank you for your clarifications.
    You have the perfect solution: a marketplace at every software maker website.
    I vote for it 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara0701 View Post
    Having said that: it is no longer possible to prepare professional (responsive) templates with NOF which can be subsequently used by non professional webmasters.
    Yes, I know. I use NOF 2013 and I am happy to tell everybody that I saved the price of upgrading to NOF 15. I can have more beers now.
    I did not want to buy the upcoming NOF 16, but now, with the big waves of changes on the Net, I feel I shall have to upgrade straight to NOF 16 when it is released.

I thought of making a new, simple less-is-more website with my copy of NOF 2013 and put a link to the latest craze live auction module but now I have to wait until the latest NOF is released. I am in no hurry on this project.

'Hello' from the tropical isles.

get lost dude