Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect to any host

there are several secure ftp options that a host can impose. Fusion supports 1 of those "several" posiblities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_T...col#Secure_FTP

My suggestion was to use a FTP software to see if the connection issue was local (something with your computer) or remote (host settings). I am surprised that they did not ask you to try to connect using a different software unless they knew in advance that they had server issues

If you cannot connect with anything that would lead me to believe that the host has a problem.

If you want to learn how to use filezilla to upload your fusion content, you can go over my windows and linux filezilla tutorials. They are specific to my hosting so the settings my be different than what your host requires but the "what to upload" part would be the same (not host dependent other than the root folder name)

Windoz hosting: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4065

Linux hosting: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

Your host should also provide a control panel file upload option that you can use in a pench... here are my windows and linux tutorials on how to use the control panels that I offer.

Windows: http://www.gotfusion.com/support/tut...lemanager.html

Linux: http://www.gotfusion.com/support/tut...lemanager.html

Your host may offer something different but they "should" have a way for you to get content to your domain using their hosting control panel regardless of which one they are offering to their customers
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

While I am waiting for FXDomains to fix their issues, I might like to try updating one of my websites.

I have gone to my account page (at FXDomains) and found the control center...and file management page.
    (I have attached a screengrab so you can see what I see)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screengrab fx.jpg 
Views:	791 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	2222

I will be updating the "papermodelshop" files.

Obviously, I need to replace the "Assets", "HTML" and "Scripts" folders
    *which is easier for me than trying to replace the updated elements within those folders

and the "Index.html" file.

Correct?

So...if I click "UPLOAD" and then choose those folders and file...
    will they upload and overwrite the existing folders and file?
    Will it ask me to do that?
    Will it put them in the correct place?
    Will it work? lol or will I mess up my own website again!

Exactly where do I find the correct folders and file?
    I can't find those three folders and index file.

Only place I can find the same folders and file is in the "Local Publish" folder.
    But I never (local publish) on my computer (when working on my website).
    I have only ever used that feature a few times in 10 years.
    Are the "local publish" folders automatically updated whenever I save my website?

Following up on this again...

I figured out the File manager thing.
    Still haven't confirmed the file/folder overwrite.
    I'm assuming uploading a new folder with the same name as an existing folder, results in an overwrite
    but there is no confirmation or notice of this happening.

So, to avoid an issue, I tried deleting the existing files/folders, and uploading a new set.
    The website appears and seems to work fine, so I am satisfied.

I still have a question about where to find the correct website folders (to upload).

I am uploading three folders: assets, html and scripts...as well as the index.html file.
    (with some sites, I also seem to get some extra loose files in the main folder, but not specifically in any of those three folders,
    so I include those too.)

My question is...where do I find the correct content?
    Only place I can see it, is in the "local publish" folder.
    But this folder is only up to date when I do a local publish...which I hardly ever do.

Saving the site in NoF...or closing down NoF (auto-save)...does not update the local publish folder automatically.

so is there another location for the website folders? that are up to date on site save.

Quote Originally Posted by airdave View Post
    Following up on this again...

I still have a question about where to find the correct website folders (to upload).

My question is...where do I find the correct content?
    Only place I can see it, is in the "local publish" folder.
    But this folder is only up to date when I do a local publish...which I hardly ever do.

Saving the site in NoF...or closing down NoF (auto-save)...does not update the local publish folder automatically.

so is there another location for the website folders? that are up to date on site save.

Unless you "customized" the generation output location Fusion will place your content in the folders outlined in this tutorial

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4028

UNDERSTAND.... You CAN change this location if you wish using the browse function in local publish.

I local publish to a primary folder called Web Sites then each one has its own folder using the actual web site name including the extension.

For multiple sites I find creating a dedicated "repository" for all html content of all domains is easier for me.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I don't use the NoF User Sites folder (on my C drive)

I keep all my website files in a section called "User Sites" on a separate Drive.
    Within that folder are separate folders for each of my websites.
    And inside those are all my files and folders for the design of each site...along with the NoF folders and files.
    This is where NoF is directed to save my files.

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	2224

The three folders (assets, html, scripts) and index.html file are only found in the "Local Publish" folder.
    And as I said, those are not up to date unless I do a local publish.
    So what folders are uploaded to the server when I do a FTP publish from within NoF?

Quote Originally Posted by airdave View Post
    I don't use the NoF User Sites folder (on my C drive)

I keep all my website files in a section called "User Sites" on a separate Drive.
    Within that folder are separate folders for each of my websites.
    And inside those are all my files and folders for the design of each site...along with the NoF folders and files.
    This is where NoF is directed to save my files.

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	2224

The three folders (assets, html, scripts) and index.html file are only found in the "Local Publish" folder.
    And as I said, those are not up to date unless I do a local publish.
    So what folders are uploaded to the server when I do a FTP publish from within NoF?
    The typical is....

Everything within Local Publish is the web site as outlined in the tutorial.

Think of your Local Publish folder as the same thing as public_html on your hosting account if you are on a linux host.... (wwwroot if you are on a windows server).

you can rename Local Publish to anything else so if you have customized the location will be what ever you renamed the local publish folder to in your local publish profile settings.

Same goes for your host. they can name root anything they wish so if in doubt ask your host where your content should go.

you should take a pause. and after sometime try to connect with the hosting sites. that will be good for your site.

I'm having thew dame damn problem. Did you ever get a resolution?

It's fine trying to connect to NOF, I submitted a ticket on April 7th, have sent three emails since, and still haven't heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyew View Post
    I'm having thew dame damn problem. Did you ever get a resolution?

It's fine trying to connect to NOF, I submitted a ticket on April 7th, have sent three emails since, and still haven't heard back.

Not sure what problem you are having.

I started this thread, because I had a problem connecting and uploading changes to my websites.
    If I remember correctly my problem was with my webhosting...not with NoF.
    Domain names and DNS servers were changed, causing a break in the addresses.
    I am basically trying to send files to a location that was moved.
    Once we put it all back were it was supposed to be, my connections returned.

Banned

Default Do you want to buy european/usa/canadian/australia/uk real documents online?

Buy real quality European documents online, fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards, VISA: w w w. buyrealpassport.cc