Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meta Tags

Peter you mention links from other sites. Do you mean actual website address links from sites such as suppliers or facebook. Please elaborate for a novice

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    This may have changed recently but as of the last time I checked fresh content did factor into the ranking algorithm
    maybe you're right, Mike. I have many subsites (with own index pages), that are ranked very high though not being updated in some cases for years. but the overall, top level domain gets updated on a regularily basis.

Graham:
    Yes, written content
    I think, Google doesn't care, but the official method of writing keywords is: <meta name="keywords" content="keyword, keyword1, keyword2">. Also, NOF has its own keyword generator (which I don't use).
    Yes, links from suppliers or manufacturers of i.e. timber woods to your site would be helpful. The higher the referring website ranks, the better for you. see you get listed in related sites to your branch of industry. -
    I just checked your source code. Do you use Essentials or has this tag be imported to NOF 12? If you use NOF Essentials (aka 7.5), it would be good to post in the corresponding forum. For instance I can't recall if NOF 7.5 alread had a meta tag generator.
    Hint: there are still books availabe covering NOF 7.5.

Also, NOF has its own keyword generator (which I don't use).
    It has? I've been using NoF since the beginning and I've never noticed this component. I have and use a number of different keyword generators for running Adwords campaigns for my clients and frankly haven't found anything that surpasses Google's.

Fusion doesn't have a keyword "generator", just the place you add them yourself to page properties in Site View.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Fusion doesn't have a keyword "generator", just the place you add them yourself to page properties in Site View.
    sorry, I meant meta tags generator you fill in the tags and NOF generates the corresponding section of the page HTML.

for Graham: in site view, page properties, 3rd tab. NetObjects Fusion 7.5 (Essentials) was the first release which had this feature. or: in layout properties of the index page fill in the meta tags in the tab "Between Head Tags".
    http://netobjects.com/en/nof/10/00/d..._Meta_Tags.htm (similar other versions of NOF).

nice week-end to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    <Grin> didn't think I could have missed for all these years. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I sure ain't the dullest either.

Quote Originally Posted by graham125 View Post
    Peter you mention links from other sites. Do you mean actual website address links from sites such as suppliers or facebook. Please elaborate for a novice
    Which sites are you saying to elaborate?

Meta tags are really important to rank a site as like this https://gbapps.net/ogwhatsapp-apk/ it's mostly used tags.