Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is NetObjects Fusion as a Company and Product Still alive?

Default Is NetObjects Fusion as a Company and Product Still alive?

Is NetObjects Fusion as a Company and Product Still alive?

I have used the product for many years and they seem to have gone "dark" a few years ago.

Does anybody have any information?

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

As a company they are still selling and supporting Koken and when you log a support request that request is replied to by 'Team Netobjects'. So it seems at least one or two people are still working there. I haven't needed support for Fusion for many years so don't know if 'Team Netobjects' is still providing support for it. Others may know more. I do know there is no sign whatsoever of any further product development but who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us all by coming out with a new responsive version NoF2019 (I can hear the laughter now!)

The main reason why I ask is that I would really like a Wiscorp website that would auto-magically adjust its width to the device it's been viewed from. If there's an immediate way of doing that, that's great, I'd sure like to know.... If not, I think I'll move onto a different platform. I have one in mind that I believe could ultimately work as a mechanism for Wiscorp.com replacement....

That said, since my thought are just that at this point, versus actual experimentation, the product would enable me to keep the website's content into "database" of menus, pages of content, and links, and then to feed that to an overall style sheet presentation layer... While this is sort of what I do now, in my NOD file the "database" and everything else is in one place. This alternative approach would enable me to have a building layer that is separate from a presentation layer...

Thoughts?

Mike Gorman

Hi Franko,

I think Koken is now also dead. I have several unanswered support Q's. I really like Koken, but canbnot get any of the templates to install, so will not part with $ for the one I really want to use. Looks like I am stuck with Piwigo.

G'day Kiwi. I hadn't come across Piwigo before but think I may follow you and migrate from Koken for my photography site. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    I think Koken is now also dead.
    Yes, it looks like it. See Koken totally is dead? at https://kokensupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1460

I have used NOF for YEARS! and wanted so bad to get an update that would be responsive. Years have gone by and nothing! No announcements, No replies to my emails and even written letters by snail mail

So.. to that I say... (Pharaoh Rameses speaking)
    Let the name of NetObjects Fusion be stricken from every desktop and tablet, stricken from all tables and code, stricken from every website of the Internet. Let the name of NetObjects Fusion be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of computers for all time.

I think it mostly already has.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I think it mostly already has.
    I have used the product for many years and they seem to 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf have gone "dark" a few years ago.

I wonder if netobjects is closing up shop. A bunch of links on their support site don't work and there are no numbers that you can call as far as I can detect. I ran into a major problem with version 12 and I can't get any help.