Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating a new site - how do I inactivate the site style?

Default Creating a new site - how do I inactivate the site style?

I would have thought this would be obvious but I don't see how to do it?! I only see an option for choosing another site style but I don't want one at all....
    Thanks,
    Aline
    Last edited by AlineH; 07-04-2015 at 10:35 PM.

- Go to Style View.
    - Preview other styles by making a selection on the left.
    - When you see one you like, right-click and "Set Style".

Thanks, I actually wanted to not use a site style at all! But maybe I will after all.....

You do it in Style View. Under the style menu create a new style named whatever you want. Under the same menu click set site style and set your new (blank) style. And then delete sitestyles (same menu) and delete the NoF default site. You're left with your new blank site style.

On your pages simply use the Zero Margins masterborder and you'll have a blank page. Default styles will still be applied to the objects on the page. You edit your styles in Style View Styles -> Manage Styles. The same dialog box is available in Page View under tools.

Great - thanks Franko.

Quote Originally Posted by AlineH View Post
    Great - thanks Franko.
    Hello Aline,

Do what Franko says on a mock web site 3-4 times to get it well into your head and proceed on the new web site when Style Creation works well with you.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    You do it in Style View. Under the style menu create a new style named whatever you want. Under the same menu click set site style and set your new (blank) style. And then delete sitestyles (same menu) and delete the NoF default site. You're left with your new blank site style.

On your pages simply use the Zero Margins masterborder and you'll have a blank page. Default styles will still be applied to the objects on the page. You edit your styles in Style View Styles -> Manage Styles. The same dialog box is available in Page View under tools.
    Aaaaahhh Franko, no matter how old you get, you rock ...
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Rather creakily these days, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Hello Aline,

Do what Franko says on a mock web site 3-4 times to get it well into your head and proceed on the new web site when Style Creation works well with you.
    Hi John , I have created NOF websites without using site styles in the past but am now considering using one. However, it seems that IE blocks the script so that is not good. I realize one just has to 'allow' it but I don't want to create any dilemmas for people who are not internet-savvy. Does this always happen or is it a bug?

Currently, when I add a sub page the preview of the home page shows nothing except the background color and the navigation bar at the bottom! (it does display correctly if I preview it in a browser). The subpage however does show up in preview mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AlineH View Post
    Hi John , I have created NOF websites without using site styles in the past but am now considering using one. However, it seems that IE blocks the script so that is not good. I realize one just has to 'allow' it but I don't want to create any dilemmas for people who are not internet-savvy. Does this always happen or is it a bug?

Currently, when I add a sub page the preview of the home page shows nothing except the background color and the navigation bar at the bottom! (it does display correctly if I preview it in a browser). The subpage however does show up in preview mode.
    Hello Aline,

We are 50/50.
    I never used or use now anything else other than the existing styles. I am way too cheap to buy additional beautiful templates, and proud of it. This is where we differ.

Just like you, I do all my sub-pages by cancelling the style background and replace it with a colour (in my case white). I use sub-pages (actually sub-sub-pages with no navigation bars) just for the real size pics which the visitors will see when they click on thumbnails from the pages.
    Here we are similar.

Do you know the trick of naming the Masterborder of sub-pages and sub-sub-pages differently?
    If the main page is 'Project' and the name of the MasterBorder is 'project' based on DefaultMasterBorder and if you have a thumbnail on that page, do you change the name of the MasterBorder of the sub-page where the real pic is to 'projectB' based on 'project' in Edit Master Border List?
    Last edited by Since_v4; 07-07-2015 at 04:20 PM.