Thread: SFTP publish stopped working

Post SFTP publish stopped working

About 3 months ago I switched over to SFTP publishing in NOF12. All worked well.
    Today I just tried to do an update on my site and I am getting Connection Failed each time I try and publish.
    I have double checked all my credentials and even created a new publish profile. Using the same credentials I can connect to my web host using FileZilla.

Anyone got any suggestions please?
    Is it just that SFTP publish in NOF 12 is a bit flaky?

Thanks
    Last edited by malbalme; 09-25-2016 at 07:21 PM.

I have resorted to uploading outside of Netobjects using FileZilla.
    Just wondered if others had this problem with SFTP mode when publishing with NOF12.

Thanks for any comments.

I have never published from within Fusion but always with a dedicated ftp program. That way I have far better control of what is being uploaded, and I can check the local publish thoroughly before uploading it to the production server.

does your host "require" you to use secure FTP?

If they don't, then just use plain jane FTP.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yes the only reliable method with my host is to use SFTP now. They switched over some time ago to SFTP but up until recently you could use both. It was only this year that I switched to SFTP as they said that the old interface was not maintained. I had been having reliability issues with FTP.
    So I guess I will stick with the fileZilla method which is a bit more fiddly but at least it works.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by malbalme View Post
    Yes the only reliable method with my host is to use SFTP now. They switched over some time ago to SFTP but up until recently you could use both. It was only this year that I switched to SFTP as they said that the old interface was not maintained. I had been having reliability issues with FTP.
    So I guess I will stick with the fileZilla method which is a bit more fiddly but at least it works.

Thanks to all for the comments.
    so you suggest fileZilla method? what are the issues you found with FTP??

Quote Originally Posted by Cabeceira View Post
    so you suggest fileZilla method? what are the issues you found with FTP??
    The problem I was having was trying to upload a web page using the SFTP protocol. NetObjects was saying Connection Failed. Hence my switch to an external FTP application i.e. FileZilla