Thread: NOF and Windows 10?

Default NOF and Windows 10?

I completed my website and now NOF won't connect to my server! What's even more frustrating is there are no live technical support staff! I've been going round chasing my tail in the NOF website looking for support for this problem.

I contacted my host and she was able to connect. My browser is working fine so my Internet connection is not the issue.

Is it Windows 10?

Probably not Win10 in this instance. If your hosting support can contact it would seem one of your settings in the FTP is at fault.
    Can you let us know what you have there?

Many people advocate local publish and then use FTP such as Filezilla to upload to host server, but I have never found this necessary.

Default FTP settings

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Probably not Win10 in this instance. If your hosting support can contact it would seem one of your settings in the FTP is at fault.
    Can you let us know what you have there?

Many people advocate local publish and then use FTP such as Filezilla to upload to host server, but I have never found this necessary.
    Server: 162.241.218.58
    Directory: public_html
    User name and password
    Server port: 21
    Connect passive mode in checked

Anything more?

Presumably Server Type is FTP. So when does it fail? From the panel with the above information there is a button 'Test'. Does it fail to connect at that point or when you actually try and upload the site (in which case i there any error message? Can I ask also whether you copied and pasted the server id or did you type it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Whispfg6 View Post
    Server: 162.241.218.58
    Directory: public_html
    User name and password
    Server port: 21
    Connect passive mode in checked

Anything more?
    simply do a local publish with Nof and test the site, if ok, upload contents of local publish with filezilla (free) It is what I always do and always have done
    using the built in ftp tool is like driving a car blindfolded, don't even try it

As I said i post #2 many people use Local Publish and then Filezilla to FTP to server. In 10 years of using NOF I have never had to do this(!), and it is a pain if one only makes a small change to have to go through that method, in my opinion. No reason why the inbuilt FTP should not work.

why would that be a pain, I do this all the time

lets say I make a change on the about page, I publisd locally, current page only

filezilla is sorted to have newest items on top

I select the html page and its js file and done

if an image changed as well, I go to assets images and once again, only upload the newest

local and remote folders are synced, if I open the local assets folder, it is automatically opens on the remote site, so you always see the same side by side

once you try this, you will never want to go back to Nof Ftp, especially because it uploads many times faster because you can set the level of upload threads to 10, files are uploaded while you blink
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 05-24-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Well each to their own Anton(!) That's several manual operations to make,
    >Publish locally
    >Select the html file
    >select the JS file
    >Maybe select the asset file

......and then use Filezilla to drag them across, instead of one click using NOF.
    All I am saying is that I've never had a problem using inbuilt NOF.

I would add that we also both use Mobirise now and the same thing applies!!! I started off using Filzilla to transfer but I found it a pain after every few changes to manually transfer.
    The Mobirise inbuilt FTP didnt work at first but now does....as I say, each to their own...
    Last edited by gprit; 05-24-2018 at 09:51 AM.