Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really don't know ...

Default I really don't know ...

... the policies of this forum on how and where to post jobs (work) offers.

Suppose a beginner NOFer or Fusionist needs a website done professionally so he can update it later on himself.
    Where does he advertise?

Suppose another guy needs an auction website where pictures of items on sale must be inserted and where the public places bids for the highest bidder to win the item.
    Who among experts here to turn to?

I searched for 'webmaster job' at this forum but I came empty handed.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

There is not, nor has there ever been, a mechanism on the NetO forum for this type of activity.

On the other hand there has never been any prohibition of a user asking for individual help. Any and all of this type of activity is encouraged to happen OFF GROUP, not on the public forums.

This is different from most forums that explicitly prohibit any exchange of monies for services between users.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    There is not, nor has there ever been, a mechanism on the NetO forum for this type of activity.
    Thank you Mike.
    Yes, I noticed there are no WANTED threads in this forum and I wondered why.
    I am at an age when I do not uderstand the reasoning of others.

On the other hand there has never been any prohibition of a user asking for individual help. Any and all of this type of activity is encouraged to happen OFF GROUP, not on the public forums.
    Yes, this means that I can contact any NOF user member of this forum via PM to ask for a quote.

The people I thought I would be working with are experts such as yourself, Franko, AntonVideo, and 2-3 others who proved to know a lot about programming and NOF, and who have been helpful here all these years.

I can easily go to www.elance.com (now https://www.upwork.com/?r) and request tenders. But hey, honestly speaking, why would I go elsewhere when I got help here in this forum, when I spent time posting 500+ comments here and when - this is most important to me! - you & the above-mentioned best NOF experts deserve the first option to a deal.

This is different from most forums that explicitly prohibit any exchange of monies for services between users.
    Yes, I gladly admit that the fact NOF forum admins allow PMs for gigs is nice, but I am very upset at the other forums for forbidding a neat, legal, marketplace at their URL.

It seems that everybody understands freedom the way they want, not to serve a fellow software user in the best possible way.

I shall never agree to someone being a software user and have no chance at hiring somebody better than him from among the pool of software fellows to do a job for him.

Maybe I am ultraliberal or all others are inexplicably too narrow-minded.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I have picked up a fair bit of freelance work from these forums. As Mike says, it happens through PM rather than in the public forums. Usually somebody will announce in the forums they need help and anyone interested will PM them to find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I have picked up a fair bit of freelance work from these forums. As Mike says, it happens through PM rather than in the public forums. Usually somebody will announce in the forums they need help and anyone interested will PM them to find out more.
    Hello Franko,

Thank you for your input.

It seems this NOF forum is the best there is because of the owner’s and admin’s policies.

With so many freedoms cut off already, one day we shall wake up to a world where we will not be able to turn left without a fine or right without a 1-night in jail.

Please keep the free world free because that’s exactly what I do here!

Tomorrow I come back with (some) details.

Default By the way

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    ... I can easily go to www.elance.com (now https://www.upwork.com/?r) and request tenders ...
    By the way, I am NOT affiliated with the business at the link above and I do NOT get remunerated in any way, shape or form to mention it here.

The biggest draw to the Fusion software is that anyone an design, build, and maintain a web presence with little to no knowledge about how it is done
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

The biggest draw to the Fusion software is that anyone can design, build, and maintain a web presence with little to no knowledge about how it is done.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    That was the reason I bought it in the first place sometime in 1998.

Since v4, it more than paid for itself many, many times over.

no prohibited area here . I think its good

UPDATE

Thanks to all of you who cared to reply.

I wanted to build a small-medium website with items for sale as an online auction like eBay.com. I have no idea whatsoever what needs to be done to give visitors the possibility to place bids.
    The static website pages are not a problem for me, but the engine for the live auction is.

In the meantime, I abandoned the idea. Or should I say 'I postponed the project?'